Part 7:" Confidant "

Two Years Later .

Gauri looked at the people gathered in her house , they were all strangers except Lavanya and her family . Her mother friends were beside her awhile group of strangers stood beside him . She knew this would happen one day yet the feelings that from this day onwards he will live with them caused her to be worried a lot .

Her mother had asked her more than once if she was okay with it and Gauri had agreed , at the grand age of 12 she was no longer afraid to voice her opinion . She believed that even if her step father turned out just like her step mother ,she will survive because this time around she wasn't expecting anything from them .

So they got married in a short wedding ceremony , as Gauri stood in her house unsure of her place awhile Lavanya her best friend stood beside her and chattered non stop about Yuv . Lavanya was always a chatterbox but if it about her family there is no stopping her .

Gauri usually could find it in her to listen attentively , she was someone who prefers silence and Lavanya created the prefect balance between them . But today her mind was whirling with several thoughts that she hardly could listen to her best friend .

One by one the guest began to leave and Gauri breathed a sigh of relief ,until it was time for Lavanya to leave as well . That when the panic kicked in , as she realized it was over . She got herself a new step father ,she refused to cry even when the tears threatened to fall .

She quickly slipped inside her room after Lavanya left hoping that her mom wouldn't come to check on her , she slipped inside the covers and let the tears fall . At the sound of footsteps she quickly wiped away those tears and pretended to sleep .

**************************

It had been two weeks since that day and yet Gauri felt like she was walking on egg shells around the house ,the house no longer felt like her home but rather a place where she would eat and sleep . She didn't blame her mom who went out of her way to act as a go between her husband and Gauri .

She didn't even blame him ,who always tried to talk with her and even when she replied back in single words , he never got angry at her . Yet she always felt like she would wake up one day and realize it had been a big mistake .

She couldn't share it with anyone ,Lavanya parents love her and she loved them .She will not be able to understand Gauri and Gauri friends were limited to Lavanya and her cousin Kavya who was away on a vacation ,she couldn't talk with her mom since she didn't want to shatter her happiness .

Gauri didn't fail to notice her mother happiness the last two weeks ,she always knew he was the reason for her smile and yet she felt like she was all alone . Until her eyes landed on him , she was in Lavanya house for a sleep over since her mom went out for a short vacation last night .

Even that request was asked with lot of hesitance as if they were waiting for Gauri to act out , her mom promise of going on a trip together next time didn't brighten up her day. Because on a trip she couldn't hide in her room .

She was tired of walking on egg shells around them ,she was tired of seeing their concerned glance towards her ,she was simply tired of left with this conflicting emotions until her eyes landed on him .

Arnav Khanna ,the boy who held her hands as she went to speak with her step father back then .The boy who asked her if she was okay the next time they met , he had been the one person who knew her conflicting emotions because the last time they met which was two weeks before her mother marriage ,she hugged him and cried when he asked if she was okay .

She dreaded seeing him again in this last two weeks , he missed her mom wedding as his family already planned a trip with their grandparents that couldn't be rescheduled ,so they came to her house two days earlier to give their gifts as well as wishes ,it was during that visit she let her emotional wall crack ,only around him .

Now she was gripped with a new fear on how to face him after the embarrassing display of emotions the last time and also because he is the only one who would probably know her emotional state of
mind

" Are you okay Gauri ?" his familiar question made her want to laugh as well as cry , a single question that bonded them together . She was embarrassed by her action the last time they met and yet his familiar question paved the way to reduce the awkwardness.

" Not really " she answered back and proceeded to tell him everything ,this time she didn't give into the urge to cry but by the time she finished speaking her heart felt lighter as if having one person to listen was what she really needed ,one person who never judged you no matter how silly your fears seemed to them .

He didn't offer any advise this time around ,maybe because there isn't one to give but he listened to her with patience and she knew he will always remain her confidant . It was enough for now to have someone who will listen to you .

P.S :" That it for now .Let me know your feedbacks and thoughts ,hit the votes if you liked it "

Love

Juanita