Part 4 : " Running Away "

Few Months later ..

After Lavanya apologized for pushing her down, she shared her lunch with her the next day. Since her step mother had packed only an apple as lunch ,Gauri had been hungry. Over a shared box of Aloo Paratha .A friendship was born between both of them . And Gauri liked Lavanya parents as well who were always kind to her .

She was wrong in thinking they hate each other because she often saw them smiling at each other or hugging each other whenever she visited Lavanya house to play with her new friend . Gauri liked Lavanya's dad who dropped her off when her parents forget to pick her up after school, he always was kind to her and she loved Lavanya's mom who always sent an extra lunch box with Lavanya for her.

And now she looked around Lavanya grandmother house, which had been decorated for the wedding. Lavanya parents wedding ,when she first heard about it she assumed they were marrying someone else and burst into tears thinking Lavanya would have step mother as well like Gauri .

But Lavanya father told her that they were getting married to each other again ,she didn't understand why but her best friend believed that it was because she was never part of it . So her parents were marrying again for her.

And Gauri was delighted when Lavanya's mom got permission from her parents to let her stay with Lavanya for a week till the wedding , Lavanya parents brought her new dress for the wedding as well in her favourite blue colour and Lavanya had her dress in pink colour.

Gauri had been so delighted about the wedding that she was heartbroken when Lavanya's mom fainted after the wedding and had to be rushed to the hospital by her father leaving the little girls alone in the house with Lavanya remaining family.

Gauri didn't know them so she wandered of all on her own when she overheard others talking about how Lavanya mom was pregnant again ,it made Gauri worry a lot because she learnt from Lavanya that she was adopted by her parents .

A fact that was alien concept to her but Lavanya had told Gauri that since her parents had no child they adopted her from the orphanage and she had talked a lot about the orphanage, told her it is a place where little children live together because their parents died or didn't want them. Gauri had contemplated going to one but Lavanya asked her not to leave her ,so she stayed behind but now worry for her friend made her walk back to her .

When Gauri told Lavanya , she burst into tears thinking her parents won't want her anymore and it was Gauri who consoled her, she knew that if Lavanya's mom gave birth to a little brother maybe she won't love Lavanya anymore. Just like her father .

That was why Gauri suggested that Lavanya and her should go live in the orphanage itself if their parents no longer want them, since gauri's father was the one to came to pick her up . Gauri had managed to bring Lavanya with her as he didn't ask any questions except if Gauri's mom knew about it and Gauri only nodded her head in answer, a lie but she didn't know any other way .

On the ride back ,Gauri father didn't say a word until he dropped them in her mother house, Gauri managed to take Lavanya upstairs before entering her home. They both planned to walk to the orphanage after sun comes up , and Gauri sneaked in blankets and pillows to Lavanya and waited till her mom checked inside her room after dinner before sneaking upstairs to be with Lavanya .

Lavanya had been crying the entire night, and no matter how much Gauri consoled she demanded she wanted to go back to her parents. Even when Gauri told her that her parents will not love her, she wanted to go back and since she cried all night ,she slept first .

But Gauri couldn't sleep , and when she heard her mother scream . She became worried for her that she took a stick that was fallen down from a tree and went inside her house to see if her mother was okay .

And when her mother saw her ,she rushed to hug her. It was the first time her mother hugged her in a long time and as Gauri looked around her ,she saw Lavanya's parents looking worried and then Lavanya's dad asked her where Lavanya was and Gauri told them whole truth while Lavanya's dad rushed out towards Lavanya .

Gauri told her mother about how she wanted to to go to the orphanage because no one loves her, her mother promised her that she loved Gauri and asked her to give one more chance to prove herself and Gauri looked up to see Lavanya coming down from the stairs engulfed in her father arms and then she saw the tears in her mother eyes and hoped that maybe her mother could love her as well just like Lavanya was loved by her parents .

P.S :" That it for now .Let me know your thoughts and Feedbacks. Hit the votes if you liked it "

* I am sorry if Lavanya story get bit confusing , in truth Lavanya story is kind of prequel to this book and you can check my profile for her story. But since this moment is important to Gauri as well ,I had to include this part in this book. This book can be read as a standalone . And the upcoming parts will solely focus on Gauri alone .

Love

Juanita Reid .