Part 16 : " First Date"

Dedicated to everyone who still reads this story . Thank you

Several Months Later

Gauri woke up to the sound of her door being opened , no one disturbed her sleep that too in the middle of the night and when she opened her eyes ,she was wide awake . Her brother was carrying the cake and was accompanied by her parents . It was her birthday and a smile lit up her face at the remainder .

Her eyes still misted to see the name on the cake " Gauri Singhania " . It has been two years since her name was officially changed and she couldn't be more happier , she didn't know how she found the courage to ask her father for it but when Ishaan adoption process got underway ,she asked him if she could change her surname to his name .

Usually they throw a huge party for her birthday ,but this year she was going to take a break . Because she is going out on a date ,her first date. Frankly she had been nervous when she told her parents that she wanted to cancel the birthday party and yet she didn't know how Arnav found the courage to ask her parents permission to take her out .

Of course her dad accepted, where else would he get future son in law who is so bound by his rules that he made her wait for a whole year before taking her on a date . She still remember the day when she asked him if they were dating ,his answer surprised her .

Gauri knew Arnav had been the responsible one ,and she also knew about his set of rules. He had mapped out his entire life and she always wondered her place in it ,and so when he told her ,he wants to date her but can't until she is 18 . She wanted to actually hit him that night but later she understood , his parents got married early because his mom was pregnant with him .

He actually didn't want to start their relationship early not when she was still under 18 , and frankly the guy doesn't even hold her hand ,so she didn't foresee her getting pregnant until she is 40. But her anger subsided when he told her ,his plan had been always to date after he returned from the Army . And yet he didn't expect to meet her this soon .

Gauri always knew Arnav may not be good with words but he means what he says and the fact he changed his plans for her meant she couldn't remain angry with him for long . So they remained friends who were going to date in the future ,and finally the future has arrived .

Her best friend surprised her by moving to Delhi for college ,which left her with Kavya . The girl who had been on more than 100 dates , Gauri often wondered how they can be siblings with so different view about dating .

" Now I don't how you waited for the idiots this long ,you should have took my advise and went on a date . It would have kicked his jealousy and he would have come to his senses much sooner . Anyway happy birthday and let see your wardrobe " Kavya kept talking as she turned to Gauri wardrobe . It kind of helped to have her around ,since she was no longer nervous about the date .

" So this one " Kavya handed over a dress that she brought four years ago . And now it was too short for her and from the wicked gleam in her eyes ,she wanted it to be too short . Gauri couldn't do it ,so she shook her head in answer .

"Okay relax and don't cry ,if he knows I made you cry then I can forget about the dress he promised to buy for me . Here you go he already brought the one for you and it will fit after all I was with him , but it was his choice ,I would have went for something much grand and definitely short " Kavya spoke up as she handed over a gift box , Gauri thought it was from Kavya . So was surprised to know it was from him .

" And don't worry he also brought you a book , why don't you both go to a bookstore for a date "Kavya spoke up when Gauri got dressed up ,she liked the dress it was exactly perfect for her . Kavya wouldn't understand the allure of a bookstore or how Gauri would enjoy a day spent in a library .

By the time the clock stuck 8 , Gauri nervousness raised to all time high ,until she saw him and everything felt right . She may have waited for so long for this moment but she knew it would be worth it .

And it was perfect , Gauri loved every moment of it . He took her to a picnic of sorts where he cooked every dish that was in the basket and he knew she would have preferred this over a candle light dinner as she would have been too conscious and so he planned it accordingly .

Gauri was aware of the curfew at 12 , so she was surprised when he drove her bit out of town . Her face lit up with surprise to see the familiar sign of hope spring . Ishaan had lived part of his life in this orphanage and they visited often ,so she didn't know why he brought her here on a date .

" Well ,here you go " he handed her a gift as they reached the orphanage . It was a book and she was so curious that she opened it immediately and then her heart kicked with happiness to see her name printed in the cover .

She had sent him some of her children stories ,she had written on a whim . And yet she never expected he would go to this extent of publishing it for her . She felt so happy that she hugged him in happiness .

" Well they are 20 kids inside who would love to hear a bed time story ?" he spoke up ,he wanted her to share those stories with the kids . She hesitated but she trusted him ,if it wasn't good he wouldn't have encouraged her to pursue it . So she stepped out of the car with him by her side .

P.S :" That it for now ..Let me know your thoughts and feedbacks .Hit the votes if you liked it "

Love

Juanita Reid.