Part 5 :" My Mother's Boyfriend"

4 Years Later

For four year's Gauri had been happy with just her mother love, her mother never sent her to her father's house after that day when she tried to run away and more than that she spent lot of time with Gauri, playing with her and talking with her .

Gauri liked her life ,she had her mom and her best friend Lavanya . At times she would wish her father didn't hate her whenever she sees Lavanya's dad who simply adored his daughter. She never let the tiny feelings of jealousy take root after all Lavanya's dad was one of the nicest person.

But it was during one of Lavanya birthday party, her mom met him .He was Lavanya dad's friend, and Gauri was scared of him when he walked inside the house in his police attire but her mom only smiled at the stranger when they met and talked with each other the entire night .

" Mom ,why did you talk with the scary person?" Gauri asked her mom on the way back. Her mother laughter was all the answer she got that day .

A week later, the stranger visited their house and Gauri ran and hid behind her mother. At the age of ten she was aware her reaction was not that of a grown girl but still she was scared of him and when he tried to talk with her, words failed her as she stared at him in shock.

Her mother said something about her being shy which was true and asked Gauri to go inside and play. In the subsequent weeks the stranger visited her house often sometimes her mother would ask the neighbour aunty to look after her as she went out with him .

It was three months later, she learnt what the stranger meant to his mother. She heard someone calling the stranger,her mother's boyfriend. At the grand age of ten she knew what the word meant and she didn't like it . Because adults tends to marry each other and Gauri didn't want a step father.

As the days passed her moods turned sour, when each day her mom would choose to spend time with him over her, Gauri had been neglected for the first half of her life and the attention she got from her mother made her believe there was someone who cared about her and loved her.

Still as days passed and her mom grew bit distant, she realized history was repeating itself all over again . This time she knew what it would entail and yet she didn't know what else she can do except accept it.

So when the next time she saw him , she had managed to look at him, carefully assessing him to see if he was cruel just like her step mother and when he saw her looking at him, she wanted to shrink back and run to her room but fear made her stay rooted to the spot.

" Do you have anything to say Gauri ?" his voice was scarier to the ten year old but somehow the way he looked at her wasn't like the way her step mother used to look at her, it wasn't filled with hatred for her and this was the first time Gauri noticed the difference and it gave her the courage to speak up.

" I don't want you to be my step dad . " Gauri spoke up and ran to her room , yet again consumed by fears that there will be no one to love her, if her mom married again and had a son with her boyfriend.

P.S :" That it for now .Let me know your thoughts and Feedback. Hit the votes if you likes it "

Love

Juanita