Part 1 : " Divorced Parents "

Four years later

Gauri Mehra was so busy with her coloring book that she didn't give much attention to the sound of raised voices in her house. At the age of four, the little girl was used to the arguments and knew enough to stay away. Because the first time she had waddled between her parents, her father had pushed her aside, and she had fallen and hurt herself badly.

Gauri was so immersed in coloring the monkey pink that she didn't hear a pair of footsteps until they stood beside her. When she looked up to see her mother's face filled with tears, it broke her heart. Her little heart broke every time her mother cried, and the constant reminder from her mother placing the blame for those tears on Gauri left its mark as well.

" Get up, we are leaving, " her mother's voice echoed in the room as she grabbed her hand and made her walk out of her room, and when Gauri tried to get her coloring book, her mother snatched it out of her hand and threw it out of the window. Gauri wanted to cry at the loss of the book, and also because her mother's grip on her hand was painful, but she held back her tears because she knew her mom hated Gauri when she cried.

Gauri didn't know why she and her mother lived in a new home after that day, and she didn't even know why her father no longer returned home. Every time she asked her mother about her dad, her mother would either burst into tears or get angry. So Gauri stopped asking about him in fear.

A month later, her mother enrolled her in kindergarten. When Gauri was nervous about the new place, her mother reassured her that she could meet new friends who could play with her.

Gauri was happy for a little while because she liked playing with her friends, and yet her heart would break just a little whenever she saw other parents hugging or kissing their children since no one did it to her. But her happiness at having found new friends did not last long.

Six months after moving to a new home, she came home one day to see her father waiting at the doorstep. She ran towards him just like the others kids did when they saw their parents, but he only pushed her away, reminding her that he didn't want to play with her.

Once again, Gauri heard her parents screaming at each other. At the end of the fight, her mom came to her room and dragged her outside. Gauri thought she was moving away again.

But her mom made her sit in her father's car and went back inside, leaving her alone with her father. Gauri realized that this time her mother was not coming with her.

Her father drove her back to her old house, where she saw someone else in the house who looked at her with anger, and Gauri didn't know what she had done wrong and felt close to tears but held them back as she was scared that her father might push her again.

That night, she tucked herself in bed and cried the whole night. She cried because no one talked to her, and she was hungry. But mostly because she wanted her mother back.

P.S: That is it for now, Let me know your thoughts and Feedback.

Thank You @LizzieBennett from India Forums for Beta Reading this Chapter