Sequel 1 :" Just Friends"

Arun Prasad had everything two years ago ,a happy family and wealth that could keep them happy for the rest of their lives and yet he went searching for more ,trying to earn more and in the end when he lost them everything ceased to matter .

At the age of 35 ,he had life ahead of him everyone said and told him death is a tragedy but it is part and parcel of live ,that he need to pick himself up and move on . And they continue to say the same two years later but Arun couldn't live through a day longer without his family .

His wife and their daughter died because of him two years ago and it so so unfair that he still continues to breathe and tonight he wants to end it all ,so here he stood in the same hospital that saved him awhile letting his family die and decided a single jump from the rooftop should be enough .

" Don't look at the phone Arun , the world won't stop spinning if you kept your eyes in the road for 30 minutes " his wife spoke up gently ,she didn't criticize his behaviour to be glued with the phone often except when he was careless .

Did he listen ,of course the deal was more important than everything, in his mind if the deal was signed then he would have sold one of his inventions to the top bidder and then he and his family would be settled for life ,there would be no more need to spend countless hours working to get it right anymore and he had plans with his family ,so many plans .

It started with a new car , a bigger house and lots and lots of gifts to his wife and daughter , yet he was so adapt at looking into the future ,he lost sight of the car that was speeding along their way as his eyes remained focused on the phone. He didn't have enough time to alter the course of his path by the time he looked up it was too late.

" Daddy ,it hurts " Riya ,his daughter voice haunted him for two years ,he couldn't sleep because every time he closed his eyes ,he kept hearing her words and when he is awake his wife words haunted him " I Love You Arun ,save Riya " she whispered to him and closed her eyes never to open again .

He tried to save their daughter ,he wrenched open the door lifted her up called the ambulance and rushed to his wife side ,he did it all but it had been too late by then drenched in his wife and daughter blood Arun realized for him ,there was no more future because he could never move past their death .

Two years he did everything to numb his pain ,drank in excess even tried to relay on sleeping pills to take a few hours of sleep ,became a recluse and found himself locked up in his home and his memories of their family.

Because for once Arun Prasad no longer need to work because the stupid deal finally got signed off and made him richer than he dreamed off but he didn't want the money now ,he wanted his family back .

So he made a decision that the world will call cowardly but he didn't think he has any other choice , facing yet another day without his wife and daughter was unimaginable . But as he stood in the rooftop prepared to take the leap ,he realized he was too much of a coward to jump on his own .

So he begin to drink to find the courage that could be gained by the numbeness the alcohol creates for him , and just when he was about to leap he heard footsteps behind him , cursing himself loudly for not jumping sooner wondering if the person behind him would try to save him ,he turned to look at her .

Back then he didn't know she would be his salvation ,for now all he thought of her as was an hindrance which prevented him from death because one look at him ,she turned to run away from him ,a drunken monster she assumed he supposed and he should have let her go back then but when she tripped and fell down on the cold floor with a thud ,he realized his death have to wait because he got a life to save .

As he carried her down stairs ,he feared he would drop her due to him being unsteady ,and was relived when he finally got her down the stairs and into the hands of others who can deal with her better yet he couldn't leave so lingered around until he was surprised to find that the girl was in the hospital on a suicide watch .

And wondered at the irony that the two of them choose the same place and time to end their lives and inadvertently stopped each other attempts. May be it was curiousity or concern because he wanted to find out her reason to give up and help her if it was within his reach to do so , because the single moment he held on to her to save her life had been the one moment he felt anything but despair about himself .

He felt good trying to save someone else and he didn't want to stop feeling that way because for once it made him feel alive not dead like the last two years .

P.S :" That it for now ..Let me know your thoughts and feedbacks. Hit the votes if you liked it"

Juanita Reid .