Part 11: " First Love "

2 Years later .

Gauri was in Hope Springs ,it was an orphanage and her presence in that place was mostly due to her friend Lavanya, who spent the first six years of her life in this place and hence it became like a second home to her , Gauri visited this place with her friend more time than she can count in their ten years of friendship .

Today was a day of celebration , Lavanya who wasnt aware of the day she was born was deprived of birthday party , until she was adopted , and so she decided to have a birthday party for all the kids in the orphanage four years ago ,and it became a tradition of sorts , a tradition funded by Lavanya parents . Gauri who was deprived of birthdays during her younger years understood it's importance and became a regular guest for the said event .

Lavnaya, Kavya ,Gauri and Arnav had arrived early to decorate the orphanage , and spend sometime with the kids . When the kids departed to get ready ,the four of them took few minutes of break .

When it just the four of them , the other two often leave them alone as they tend to get bored by the conversation between Gauri and Arnav but to Gauri those conversation meant so much ,currently he was talking about his vacation plans , and just the thought he may be away for a month bothered her .

" Who would have known studying Law could be this stressful , I envy Lavanya who wants to study medicine " Arnav spoke up and Gauri smiled at him ,yes her best friend wanted to become a doctor ,his sister wanted to become an actress ,Arnav wanted to follow his father footsteps and become a lawyer awhile Gauri still remained clueless about her career .

"I still can't make up my mind , we will complete our studies soon and I don't have any idea on what to pursue unlike you who already mapped out your entire life " Gauri answered back and it was the truth ,Arnav has a list of the things he want to do and it included spending few years in the army after his graduation .

Gauri had been supportive of his idea ,Arnav grandfather was I'm army until an injury forced him to retire and Arnav wanted to follow in his footsteps as well . She didn't want him to get hurt but she was proud of him and his decision that wanted to serve his country .

But in all his plans for his life ,Gauri was unaware of her place .A friend who he may forget once he moved on or someone he wants to share his life with as more than a friend . Kavya and Lavnaya teased them often ,and yet Gauri had never asked him about his feelings regarding her in fear of rejection .

She liked him ,she always known that .But lately it was more than that, when they became friends she only saw him as someone who understood her and now he was someone she loved , she who had scoffed at the word back when she was kid was in love .

Her parents marriage could have been a fairy tale ,they fell in love at first sight , got married against their parents wishes , and had a beautiful daughter . Then lived happily ever after that was how it should have went if not for her father hatred towards her . They fell out of love the moment she was born and Gauri had always declared that love will not factor in her marriage until him .

" You still got time to decide ,don't stress yourself about it " he answered back and she agreed with him ,so let the subject drop for now ,soon the guests began to arrive that included mostly Lavanya family and her family .

The orphanage was filled with people who got married for love, her mom & adharsh uncle ,Lavanya parents , Arnav and Kavya parents and every couple in that room were deeply in love with their respective spouse . It felt surreal to see all the happy couples around her and not imagine something like that with him .

The kids were happy with their new dresses and Lavanya had got them the gifts as well. Gauri was talking with Kavya when a little boy caught her attention ,he was starring at her father . She assumed he was scared of his uniform ,so went towards the kids to assure him .

But she learnt the little boy was starring at her step father because his father had been a police officer as well , he wanted to talk with her father and yet was hesitant . So Gauri took him to her father and that when she over heard him talking with others that shattered her trust , she had on him in a single moment .

" I always wanted a son , and thought of adopting one as well .But we couldn't because of Gauri ." he was still speaking but Gauri couldn't stop the gasp of hurt that left her at those words .

Everyone turned around to look at her ,but she started running away from all of them and outside the orphanage dining hall where everyone else where gathered . Once again she learnt the truth the hard way ,she was never enough to anyone ..

Sadly his words hurt more than her biological father ,because Gauri had let the barriers down for him ,believed in him . She couldn't control the sobs that wrecked her until she turned to see him .

" Leave me alone Arnav ,I want to be alone . I am tired of always being unwanted " her words were lashed out at him and yet he didn't leave instead he embraced her in his arms and she broke down and cried all over again as he held her close to his heart.

P.S :" That it for now .Let me know your feedbacks and thoughts .Hit the votes if you liked it "

Love

Nita