Part 6: " The Unexpected Ally "

Dedicated to @krishuuuuu

Three Months later .

Gauri learnt from young age adults doesn't listen to kids ,and so she didn't expect her Mom boyfriend to listen to her and stop coming to their house , after her outburst Gauri saw her mom crying alone one day and she didn't know what or whom made her cry .

Then she noticed how her friend never visited anymore and neither did her mom went out with him . And on the surface her mom looked fine but Gauri saw the countless night her mother cried and it hurt her .

Yet she was too scared to tell her mom the truth ,that he stopped coming because of her . It was a weekend and she was in Kavya house , kavya was Lavanya cousin and Gauri learnt soon that being friends with Lavanya meant being part of her entire family.

It had been Kavya birthday and her mother sent her to spend the weekend with Lavanya , it has been regular occurrence in their life but this time leaving her mom all alone in the house made a difference because this time her mom won't have a friend to go out with like before ..

Everyone else was playing hide and seek ,Gauri choose that moment to go hide in the cupboard and then she heard footsteps ,she thought it was Kavya who found her but instead another familiar figure opened the door and starred at her ,not Kavya but her brother .

" Sorry I will find some other place " Arnav spoke up and Gauri only managed to nod her head , she was often shy but with him she was more silent ,inspite of his friendliness she didnt speak with him often even though she had known him for over four years .

But it was at that moment Kavya choose to walk inside and since both were within her eyes sight ,they were eliminated together which left Gauri alone with him ,since the rest of them were hiding somewhere .

" Sorry " he apologized for getting her caught and she shook her head at his apology . Again holding on to her silence, and if she knew something about him it was that he was always protective of the three of them and also the one who had ideas whenever they were stuck with a problem .

She didn't know what prompt her to speak up to him ,when she barely spoken few words to him before ,maybe he was the first person she was alone with who was neither an adult nor a friend ,to her , he was a grown up even if he is all but 3 years older than her .

" Mom is Sad all the time " the statement was out in the open ,and he didn't dismiss her but asked her why her mother was sad and soon she was telling him everything from her outburst at mom friend to her mom subsequent sadness .

" Gauri , not all people are bad and if someone makes your mom happy ,you should let them be a part of your mother life " he had said as if it was a foregone conclusion.

" But I don't know how to fix it ?" Gauri told him perplexed.

" I know where Uncle lives , let me take you to meet him . It just few minutes walk from our house " Arnav spoke up deciding for her , the thought of facing him all over again scared her but she didn't want to back out .

" Will you come with me inside ,I don't want to go alone " she spoke when they reached his house.

" Of course " he replied back and Gauri clutched his hand in fear as she climbed the stairs to make her mom happy .

P.S : " That it for now . Let me know your thoughts and Feedbacks .Hit the votes if you liked it "

Love

Juanita.