Part 18 :" Goodbye "

Dedicated to everyone who read, clicked the star button in the end and commented on this story.. Sharing this story with you meant the world to me and your support for Gauri story made me quite happy .

3 Months later

He was leaving today ,the thought kept swirling in her mind . 10 years that how long he will gone from her life and last night he called her ,she knew she should have answered back but she didn't trust herself not to break down .

Just an hour ago ,her entire family left to be there for him ,while she adamantly refused to go . Stupid that who she was considering she may not see him ever again . His train must have left by now ,she didn't know why her heart felt so heavy as if it could break any moment .

She closed her eyes trying desperately not to give in the urge to cry her heart out ,because if she did then she will never be able to stop crying . Then a message notification made her glance at her phone ,did he sent her a message her mind wandered but it was from her best friend informing her that the train is delayed by an hour .

She wanted to rally against them for making her aware how silly she has been acting out ,he was her friend ,her boyfriend and the love of her life . She should have went to see him ,and she wanted everyone to at least shout at her ,call her an idiot anything than their quiet acceptance of her decisions .

They still hoped for them to work it out ,even after months of distance between them . And her eyes choose that moment to land on her small book shelf and the books he gifted her including her book . It was at the moment she knew that she wasn't ready to give up on them . She rushed out praying she get a chance to say it to him .

By the time she entered the station, she was in panic ,she forgot her phone in the hurry that she can't even call anyone to know their exact location ,she spent ten precious minutes searching for them until her eyes found him and the world stopped .

He was about to board the train but stopped when he saw her ,she could see the look of relief in his face as she walked and half run towards him . As if noticing her presence his family took few steps back leaving them all alone after months of silence .

" Be Safe ..Please stay safe " she entreated towards him as soon as she got near to utter a word and then rushed into his embrace not caring about anyone else than him at the moment .

" I Promise " his declaration felt her relax against him for a moment ,she was very much aware that time was running out to speak for them. She titled her head to tell him ,she will wait for him . But he spoke up and crushed her hopes in a single blown.

" Don't wait for me Gauri ,you were right I was selfish to expect your life to alter according to my plans. You don't deserve to stop living your life for me . Please " his words was like a blow to her heart. She didn't know how she stood in silence as he said those words ,if he said those words in anger she would have understood but it wasn't in him to say things he really didn't mean and yet she hoped it was because of her . Her reluctance to not wait .

" I can't Arnav , for you I can wait eternity what mere ten years it will pass away in the blink of an eye " Gauri answered back willing him to see the truth in her eyes . She couldn't give up on him ,she already hated herself for wasting the last few months fighting with him when she could have spent those moment with him .

" I am sorry Gauri ,but no I can't be myself if I knew you were waiting for me . I want you to move on ,forgot all about me .. It over between us whatever it is and even if I come back ten years later it won't change " his statement shook her up as she took few steps back from him . His tone held a bit of anger as she wondered if her actions propelled him to hate her this last few months .

Did she manage to make him hate her ,she wandered as her eyes searched his face for any vulnerability that would show if he was hurt by his words as much as she was and yet he remained silent .

"Promise me Gauri ." he words rang out yet again making her freeze in shock ,was it really over between them .She could have fought with him ,if he was doing it for her but what if he really wanted her to be gone from his life ,even the thought made her want to scream in agony yet she made herself look into his face and spoke those two words she didn't intend to keep .

" I Promise .." She answered back . Yet she wouldn't be able to do so ,not for a life time . She saw his face relax into a smile and it kicked her heart in agony , he really wanted to be free from her .

She had gotten her heart broken countless time ,her father indifference, her mother indifference and even last few months she felt her heart was breaking apart because of him ,yet now all she felt was numb as if her heart was no longer in her possession.

Her heart probably went with him leaving her quite numb , she didn't feel her heart was broken , it was as if it was completely gone . Yet she turned around with a weak smile not willing others to see her pain.

When she turned everyone were smiling back at her because they believed her presence alone would make Arnav happy if only they knew she got her heart got broken. She pretended everything was fine until she reached the confines of her room and then she let those tears fall freely ,and she couldn't stop crying for a long time .

P.S : " The end ..Let me know your thoughts and Feedbacks .Hit the votes if you liked it .. "

Author Note:

Surprised by the ending , I am sorry but this is how envisioned the end of the book. I have hopes of writing a sequel which will take a time leap and start after Arnav return, it will be from both of their perspective and hence a new book.. This one will always belong to Gauri ..

To the lovely readers who read this book, a kind request let me know if you would like to read the sequel . A small Yes would be sufficient.

Once again to everyone who gave this book a chance and read it, from the 200 + people who started the book to the 50+ people who are still reading this book , Thank you.. And to the 20+ people who voted for this book , Thank You ..

I couldn't do it for my other works as they would be too many people and I may end up forgetting someone ,so here you go a warm heart felt thanks to each one of you for your feedbacks. That meant a lot to me as a writer

krishuuuuu , caterpillar333 , MousumiKar , Kanak1021 ,NehaRai0, Phoenix2794 , Sumera-Sam , Sree8410 ,kh123angela, ritika52 , Asharya . PriyankaGupta786 , Shonasri Thank you for your feedbacks .

And also if you are interested to read about Lavanya ,Gauri best friend and Arnav cousin . Check out Adopted Princess and its Sequel Her Unloved Prince .

And if you are interested in where this entire story started check out The Marriage Contract ,the first in this series . The story of Swara and Sanskar ..Lavanya Parents where you will get to meet young version of Gauri as well .

Love

Juanita Reid