Part 12 :" Dont Leave "

Sleep eluded Gauri , she didn't know why she was quick to judge him harshly, Lavanya told her once Gauri was the sensible one among them and yet today she didn't even spare a minute to think before reacting as she rushed out of the orphanage earlier .

She was glad to have Arnav shoulders to cry on ,and she was thankful that he didnt say a word . Arnav used to say that Gauri need a moment to think and she will find the answer all on her own whenever she asked him for advise . And so he didn't say a word but remained by her side .

The clarity didn't come to Gauri until she heard footsteps , arnav hands around her dropped as he heard the sound as well , she knew it wasn't out of fear but respect for her emotions .He knew she won't want anyone to find her crying, he remained one of the few persons she let inside her life who had happened to see her break down . So she quickly tried to wipe the tears away as she turned to look at him .

He looked devastated and it pricked her conscience . At that moment she knew that whatever she heard held no hold over her , he may not be a person who was quick with words but through all these years she knew him by his actions and yet she had been quick to condemn him with her actions .

Her steps back to her step father was hesitant as if her heart was still struggling to accept her decision but once she reached him ,the decision had been easy as looked at him and smiled briefly to convey she was okay .

" I am fine now , Let go home " she said in a bid to convey the truth and she thought that was the end of the topic as he drove her back home ,on the ride back she had asked him to not to mention today events to her mother , she didn't want it to be a cause of dispute between them .

Yet her heart refused to settle down , he had been way too silent on the ride back as if he was contemplating something and when she heard noise from outside ,she went to check in and there he stood near her door with packed bags in his hand .

He didn't knock her door but Gauri who had been awake heard his footsteps nevertheless, when she opened the door the surprise was evident in his face and she finally understood the reason behind the silence . As she took in the packed bags ,he was leaving them . He didn't say a word but she knew it ,she knew he told her mom and probably they had a fight but none explained his decision to leave .

" I didn't mean it that way Gauri , I always wanted a daughter and a son .From the moment I married your mom , a part of the dream was fulfilled ,I had a daughter even if she still calls me uncle " he spoke up and broke her heart all over again ,her stupid hesitance to call him dad and the realization that she kept hurting him till now by her words .

But before she could say a word her mom rushed in ,and Gauri saw the tears that were streaming down in her face and the anger hidden behind those eyes as she gazed at her husband . He stopped speaking up and walked away at the accusation in his wife face .

Gauri knew it was the moment she need to speak up , she didn't want him to leave it was like history repeating itself and this time she wasnt a child who was unaware of what happening around her ,this time she no longer needed a father figure in her life but she wanted him to be a part of her life ,she may not need him but he was her family and she didn't want to lose him from her life .

" Don't leave ,please .." Those three words rushed out in a whisper as he turned around to see her ,and she cried silently begging him not to walk away from her life .

" Leave .." Her mother voice echoed in response and Gauri turned towards her in a desperate attempt to plead with her ,she kept saying it wasn't his fault and yet her mom refused to heed to her words.

" I choose my husband once over you Gauri ,and I won't make the same mistake again " her mom answered back to her pleas and she hated her reasoning because it wasn't the same ,her biological dad and her step father are not the same . Gauri tried speaking up yet again , told her mom she was making a mistake still her mom failed to listen to her .

" And it my decision to make " those were her mom final words and he left without a word and Gauri felt like the whole world was crashing around her .

Gauri tried to change her mother mind ,begged her to call him back and told her mom that none of it was his fault and it was her fault that she reacted badly ,yet her mom mind refused to change and dejected Gauri found herself all alone in her room ,only then she let her say those words she held back to the emptiness that surrounded her ," Don't leave me ..Please dad,"and then promptly burst into tears .

P.S :" That it for now . Let me know your thoughts and feedback. Hit the votes if you liked it "

Juanita Reid .