Permission

February 27, 20XXThursday

February 27, 20XX
Thursday

Jin's laughing so hard that it causes all of us to look at him.

"There's this video of this guy and he's doing the-y'know- the cup song and instead he starts singing 'all you ladies pop your-"

Lisa clears her throat, "Man, so what happened yesterday?"

"Oh, that was scary." Jin shakes his head as he grabs his bubble tea from the rest.

"I thought he was gunna...." Jin coughs and stabs his straw violently through the seal.

We were currently at the bubble tea cafe around the corner.

They didn't say anything, but I know they were trying to cheer me up.

"Why though...?" Rose holds up her phone, trying to shazam the song playing in the cafe.

"I never knew Taehyung was jealous of Jin."

"You should've seen the first time they met." Lisa snorts.

"Like he has a chance with one of us."

"Oh, I am dating one of you guys." Jin spits back at Lisa.

"What?!" We all shout.

Jin bends down to his straw, sipping all the pearls like a suction as he waves around peace signs on both hands.

Before we can ask him anything else he picks up his soccer bag, throws it over his shoulder, and leaves.

It's quiet until Lisa says, "Okay, 'fess up. Who's dating that."

"He's joking!" Rose shakes her head but then looks at all of us, "Right?"

My phone lights up and I see an incoming video call.

"Ooh answer it!" Jisoo taps on the table.

"Okay, but no mentioning Irene." I warn my psycho friends.

They all seal their lips.

I pick up the call and the girls huddle near me.

Taehyung and Jimin pop up.

I'm startled a bit but greet them along with the girls.

"Ladies....Hi, Rose." Jimin smirks.

Rose rolls her eyes off camera and then greets him, "Hi, Jimin. How's Japan?"

Jimin shrugs, "It's great, it'd be better if Taehyung hung out with us at night more."

I sit up straighter.

Night time was our time.

Taehyung looks at Jimin and Jimin just returns this weird smile at him.

"Jimin, what are you doing in Japan by the way?" Lisa asks.

"I just came with. No special reason. I wanted to travel and this was my chance. I made friends with Taehyung's friends so it's all good. But nowadays, I see them more than him."

Taehyung chuckles, "I'm just really focused."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you should have no fun! Right, Jennie?"

I raise my eyebrows, surprised he called me out.

Looking at Taehyung, I can tell he was waiting for me to respond.

Am I making him stay?

Does he think he can't go out because of me?

"I mean...if Taehyung wants to...he can... It's his decision."

"Yeah, but I'm sure he feels bad with you being pregnant and not going out."

I frown and at the same time, everyone cuts in. Taehyung tries to stop Jimin from talking and the girls all start shouting at him too.

"I'm sorry I'm pregnant." I feel myself tear up.

"Shoot. Sorry that's not what-"  Jimin tries applogizing, but I don't even want to hear it.

Taehyung stands up and he pushes Jimin off camera, arguing with him until Jimin finally leaves out the door in front view.

I bite my lip.

I hope they didn't fight.

The last thing I'd want is for Taehyung's only friend to be mad at him.

"I'm sorry, guys. I'm sorry, Jennie. He's just been bugging me about going out lately."

I think about how hard he must be working and feel a bit guilty.

Maybe there were some truth to what Jimin was saying.

But then I remember Rose saying how much of a playboy Jimin is and I feel uneasy all over again.

What do I do?

"You should go." I tell him.

He raises his eyes up at me.

"You deserve to have fun and I know I'm not making you stay, but I might be making you feel a little guilty."

Taehyung shakes his head, but before he can say anything else I tell him one final time,

"Just go. Explore Japan for me."

He slowly smiles.

"I'll just go out to get you a souvenir."

I nod my head and he excitedly balls his hands in fists.

"Alright, thanks. But I want you to remember..."

The girls give me a hug as they listen in.

"...I'm always thinking of you."