Sticky Notes

March 28, 20XXSaturday'Taehyung POV'

March 28, 20XX
Saturday
'Taehyung POV'

'Jennie Kim- wife'

That was what I wrote on a sticky note after our first meeting on March 17.

On another, 'Yejoon Kim - Son' was accompanied with:

'You dummy, keep your sticky notes in one place. You forget her again. Along with your son! You promised to remember them, you promised'

I close my eyes for a moment, each sticky note helping my blurry memory become sharper even if it was by a little.

Opening my eyes, I stare over at the next one that follows:

'Irene Bae - Head of Department

Just a friend, but never more, you hear? She has helped progress your career so don't cross that line.'  

"I know," I tell the 'me' that wrote the note.

Those two notes were written on March 19 following Irene's visit where she told me that in the end, I would hurt Jennie with my fragmented memories.

The visit that lead to the next note:

'You saw her again today, you were happy because you remembered her this time. Yet, you decided not to tell her just yet, since she looked too broken. You were scared to break her some more' - March 23.

Which caused:

'You can't remember her as much today, you freaked out and searched your room. Hint: (in case it happens again): you have a USB of her photos in your art supplies drawer. It's labeled 'My Scenery''' -March 24

I look over at the drawer, tempted to see her one more time, to be just as happy as when I wrote:

'YAY! you remembered her without looking at the wall. Good boy, Taehyungie. Though, the twins talk a lot about her so they count as 1000+ sticky notes.

They mentioned some things and although the me today can't remember, I want you to keep trying. You see... the story goes that you saw her a lot at the train station. The twins said that you woke up an extra hour early every morning to fix that one stubborn piece of hair in the back of your head that wouldn't go down.

They also said you tried your hardest to play it off when you saw her at the platform. Do you remember? The train you caught every morning at 7:50?' - March 25.

I laugh dryly, hand on the sticky note as I feel the tear drop waver at the corner of my eye, eventually unable to hold back the rest wanting to flow down my face.

"I can't rem-"

Groaning, I hold my head, seeing flashbacks of the platform they talked about, the feeling of nervousness mixed with excitement settling in my heart like it did in that moment. I was waiting...waiting for her, yet I can't remember her exactly.

It didn't matter anyway, knowing how it's supposed to go doesn't count as a true memory.

'You forgot again...' -March 26

'You forgot her again, but the notes have...' -March 27

'You forgot, but thanks to the notes you realized you dreamt of her, wanting to see her...' - March 28

The inconsistencies drove me mad, upset that there was no sure sign of progress, but instead regression.

"Don't think that in 3 years you could just waltz back into my life!"

What was I thinking?

How long would it take to regain my memory?

Were the sticky notes pointless then?

"Why couldn't I have forgotten everything?! Why do I have to keep living with this pain?"

I let a sob escape, my hands moving on their own.

"Just forget me please... and I'll do the same."

My hands moved faster, my breathing shallow as I thought about how much I hated myself for hurting her, the one that meant the world to me at some point.

When I was done, I crumpled onto the floor, my hands covering my face, too busy crying to notice the dog that had made his way to me.

My mind betrayed me by automatically working on it's own to bring back memories but I shook them away, pushing the dog away, gently.

After all, it didn't matter...I'd forget everything the next day...

Since all my sticky notes had come down today, March 28.

_____________________

A/N: Whew, I have to take a breather for this one. How you all doing? I consider this the season finale (not ending) since I feel like this book has two parts with the above being the conclusion to part one. Any thoughts? For me, I can't help but remember the prologue more and more.

"If last season was their summer, then this season is their winter..."