Conference

April 11, 20XXSaturday pt

April 11, 20XX
Saturday pt. II

It's hard being with Taehyung.

For every step forward, I end up needing to take more back.

Before going on this trip, I thought that I was ready to bury the box of my past and throw away the key, but after this morning's conversation, it was like I wasn't ready to let go of it.

I believe things happen for a reason and if Taehyung had truly moved on, then it was a sign that I needed to also.

It's for the best.

Find your closure and move on.

I exhale harshly, staring outside the window as I tune out the presentation.

I was surprised by the number of photographers that had come to the conference. The entire hall was jammed pack, ranging from those who saw photography as a business and those who saw it as a hobby. The conference was more photography focused than business-focused, so I felt out of place this entire time.

Feeling a bit suffocated, I excuse myself from my seat, catching Taehyung a bit off guard, his round eyes watching me as I get up and exit out of the room.

Finally.

Outside the hall, there were people scattered around, most of them tending to booths with photo prints on display.

Captivated by one booth in particular, I stop to admire the pop of colors on all of the prints, women of every shape and size posing in ways that highlighted their clothing.

"See something you like?" 

I turn towards the voice coming from behind me, needing to crane my head up to make eye contact with the bronzed individual. 

He smiles widely, fixing his watch as he walks behind the table, picking up a print from the display.

You're telling me he's behind the camera?

"They're beautiful...like everything about them, the people, the clothes..." I smile as I accept the print that's making its way into my hands.

He beams,  "Thank you. Have you ever thought about posing yourself?"

I tilt my head, a new thought entering my head. "Like a model?"

He shrugs, "Why not?"

I laugh nervously, putting my hair behind my ear as I look at the photo. "I couldn't do that."

"Are you saying that because you're being modest?" 

I pick up the flirtatious tone behind his words.

"No, I'm saying that because I'll never come out like this."

He stares at me in disbelief. 

"Stunning."