One room

April 10, 20XXFriday pt

April 10, 20XX
Friday pt. III

We managed to get out of the crowd after Taehyung answered a couple of questions, him kindly letting them know we had a reservation to get to.

I had assumed that we would be taking a Lyft or an Uber to the hotel, but Taehyung ended up renting a car.

I was nervous about Taehyung driving. It wasn't that late, but he already looked so exhausted. Luckily, the hotel was only a couple of minutes away.

As Taehyung turns into the parking lot, I crane my neck up, amazed by all the stories the hotel had. 

There have to be over 40 floors...

Parking the car, Taehyung reaches in the backseat for his backpack. I rest my head against the headrest as I watch him flip through his papers. It isn't until he finds one and folds it into his pocket that he opens the door. "Do you have everything?"

I nod my head.

"Okay, let's go."

I follow after him, captivated by the interior of the hotel.

Holy, this looks like the inside of the airport.

He's probably used to this already.

Taehyung checks over his shoulder to make sure that I'm still behind him. I close my mouth and head over to him at the desk, letting him check us in.

"Alright, here's your key," The clerk slides over the keycard.

I wait for the other one until I realize that there is no other one.

"Aren't there two rooms?" Taehyung asks.

The lady raises an eyebrow and looks at her computer one more time. "I'm sorry, there was an update for one room."

Wasn't Irene originally going to come?

My stomach drops.

Taehyung fiddles with his card, looking at my expression before handing it over. "Charge me for another."

The lady reaches for the card, eyebrow quirked. "Are you sure? It's going to be double the price since it's last minute and I don't think I'll be able to find one on the same floor."

Double the price?

At this five-star hotel?

Taehyung pauses, confirming that the price of just one hotel room was most likely an arm and a leg.

He finally gives a nod of his head, allowing her to continue with charging his card.

"Wait!" I find myself leaning over the desk. "The rooms...they're really big aren't they? Like with plenty of space and everything."

The lady smiles while giving me a nod. "Of course, you will find a comfortable living area, bedroom, bathroom spa, and of course a kitchenette as well."

"Oh wow," I lost my breath, leaning back. "Then, I think we'll be fine. We don't need two rooms."

Taking my word, she hands over the card for Taehyung to grab.

"Then, you're all set with your key."

Taehyung receives his card back, gabbing the keycard before slowly heading towards the elevator with me.

He pushes the elevator button and it feels like we're waiting an eternity for it, my heart ready to leap out of my own mouth because sharing the same room as Taehyung is the last thing I want to do. 

When we step out of the elevator, Taehyung surprises me by holding out the keycard for me.

"Take the room."

I look up at him, surprised.

He ends up dropping his gaze to the ground, "It's not appropriate for a boss to sleep in the same room as his employee."

I stare at the keycard in his hand, respectfully taking it out of his hand.

He turns back to head into the elevator, but I grab his shirt to stop him.

"I-I'm scared," I lie, "I'm scared of being alone in the room. I don't know anyone and I don't trust anyone... I..."

I can't let him drop over a grand a night for another room.

"Okay," he softly responds, turning back my way, "I-I really should've been more careful when making the reservation."

"I'm sure that you just expected someone else to come."

I couldn't stop the words from coming out of my mouth. I regretted it as soon as I see the shock that spreads across Taehyung's face.

Taehyung steps closer to me, his stare letting me know I crossed a line.

"Take the bed for me, alright? I'll sleep on the couch."

"No, I-"

Taehyung holds his hand up to stop me.

"Sungjae would want that too."

I'm left dumbfounded, Taehyung taking the keyboard to unlock our room quickly, leaving the door's lock to act as a door stopper.

Closing my eyes, I take a deep breath.

Please don't tell me this entire weekend will be like this.