Victory

April 9, 20XXThursday

April 9, 20XX
Thursday

I overthought it to the point that I can't tell if it really happened or not. 

Maybe it was by accident?

Does it have to mean something?

I continue to stir Sungjae's coffee, having held on to it while he went to the bathroom. 

Hearing Sungjae step back into the office, I hold out his mug, sighing as I decide to just stop thinking about it.

"Um, I'm okay." 

My mouth drops and I quickly look up to see that it's not Sungjae at all. 

He looks down at me, his fringe curling around his eyes.

"How can I help you?" I quietly ask, swallowing hard as I set the mug down and turn towards my computer.

Taehyung nods slow, "I-I'll be quick. Um...there's a conference... and it's covering business strategies. One of them being social media marketing...and..."

I stop swaying in my chair, looking at him once again.

Taehyung averts his eyes, "And it's something I need my social media specialist to attend."

Me?

I connect the dots, realizing that this was what Irene was referring to when she was speaking to Taehyung in her office. 

Does this mean she's coming too?

"You don't have to go," Taehyung clears his throat, "It's just some skill building I thought that you would like..."

If I don't go, I bet that Irene would use that against me. Though if I do go, then I'd have to be around them both, but at least I'd get to stick it in Irene's face.

What's it going to be?

Pain or victory?

I purse my lips, "Okay."

He blinks his eyes in surprise.

I'm going for sweet victory.

"I'll go."