I'm sorry

April 19, 20XXMonday

April 19, 20XX
Monday

"I'm going to give her a piece of my mind."

I hide my smile in palm, remembering Yeri's threat and the fire in her eyes.

It was unexpected. So much that I ended up laughing until my stomach hurt. Her being by my side made me happy and I was touched that she was willing to confront Irene for me. In the end, I told her not to bother. If anyone was going to take on Irene, it was going to be me. 

Yet, I had made up my mind to move on the minute that Yeri told me that she wasn't that close with Irene. It was a moment that made me realize that maybe not everyone was against me and that nothing was planned. 

It all just happened.

Taking a look at the empty seat next to me, I wonder where Sungjae is.

Should I text him?

Would I just be a bother?

After the cookout, I didn't want to head straight home and Sungjae could tell that I had just cried my eyes out, so he decided that we would head to the store and get things to decorate his car with.

"I've been needing to get this out of the way. Thank god, you're here to help me."

We ended up buying battery operated fairy lights, a fluffy comforter, throw pillows, and even a tiny cactus plant. His trunk ended up becoming cute and cozy enough for us to watch a movie on his tablet and for us to eat all the snacks that we ended up buying.

It was the most fun I had in months.

Reaching into my bag, I dig around for my cell phone, pulling out one of Yejoon's toys instead. 

"Again?" 

Looking inside, I see that he's hid a whole bunch of stuff, including stuff from my bookshelf.

Hearing a knock on the door, I sit up.

Taehyung standing there was the least of my expectations.

"Jennie?" His soft voice barely reaches my ears. 

I stand up and fix my skirt. "Did you need something, sir?"

He looks taken aback by my formality.

"You don't have to...do that."

I run my fingers along my desk, waiting for him to tell me what he needs.

Biting his lip, he walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Please, leave it open," the waver in my voice reveals how anxious I'm feeling.

He quickly opens the door and turns to me, eyes reflecting the hurt he must have felt.