Dolls

MARCH 1, 20XXSATURDAY

MARCH 1, 20XX
SATURDAY

Okay, Jennie.

You really shouldn't have cried yourself to sleep yesterday.

But to be fair, Taehyung being too busy to skype me really didn't help.

It's a new day.

But why do I still feel strange?

You'd think I'd be over it, but it feels like it just keeps building.

At least he can skype today.

I rub my chest to calm my racing heart.

I was waiting for Taehyung's call to come through.

But what was I going to say?

I couldn't tell him I saw a video on Irene's profile.

I had to find another way to get it out of him.

It all added to my nervousness.

What if he lies?

What if he tells me something worse?

I groan, but the sudden ringing makes me jump in my seat.

I answer the call and find Taehyung on the other end, on his phone.

Immiediately, my mind goes to the worst, but then he pops his head to the side of his phone to give me a smile.

It still drives me crazy.

"Hi wifey." Taehyung greets me, setting his phone down. "I was just about to text you a reminder, but seems like you were already waiting for me."

I blush.

Was I that obvious?

Taehyung smiles as he admires me, "I'm grateful."

"F-for?"

"For having someone always waiting for me."

My heart flips for the millionth time because I will never get used to how effortlessly he delivers his lines.

He's making this harder for me.

"So...how did the other night go? Was it fun?"

Taehyung stretches his arms before leaning back against his chair. "It was. I think they like me better now too."

"Hm?"

He leaned in, a small chuckle escaping his lips.

"They acted so surprised when I walked through the door. They even admitted they were confused how Jimin and I were friends. I guess they all thought I was this serious person who didn't know how to unwind and have fun."

"You're fun." I say in a small voice.

He catches it and throws me a wink, "I am, right? Don't worry, they all know that now. I'm glad I went. I think it brought us all a lot closer."

Yeah, too close.

"I also realized it was a great networking opportunity. Everyone is from somewhere different. They could help spread my photos, Jennie. Isn't that great? Imagine my photo in a gallery in France! Or displayed in Peru!"

As Taehyung grew more excited, he spoke faster and I was having trouble keeping up. He continued telling me about how good this training was for him and what he's learning. I was happy to listen, yet I felt a bit sad at the same time.

"That's great, Taehyung."

Taehyung just sat in conplete bliss.

"Just... just be careful. I saw on Jimin's story that everyone was drinking and you just never know what could happen."

Taehyung smiles, "Don't worry. We have a really good department head. We're really close. She takes good care of me. Did you know she's from our town?"

Not what I wanted to hear.

"O-oh?"

"Mhm, you know I actually did get in some trouble that night."

I sucked in my breath.

"You did...?"

Taehyung scratched the back of his head.

"I kinda had too much to drink and I just ran off on my own in the middle of the night. It was a mess and everyone had to chase me down, but I got what I was after."

He leaned down, getting out of frame. When he came back up, he had a small plastic bag in front of him.

I continued to watch him as he took out the contents of the bag: two tiny wooden dolls.

They were really adorable and looked like a pair, but something about them seemed familiar.

"They're called Kokeshi dolls. Aren't they cute? I got them because they look like you and me, but maybe it's also the fact that they looked like they were friends on the shelf and I couldn't separate them."

I shake my head with a smile.

"I figured when we're apart, I'll take the one that looks like you and you keep the one that looks like me. So we're always reminded of each other and they're reminded of the other too. Then when we're together, they're together. And they'll be happy just like how we will be."

The baby gave a tiny kick and I was positive the warmth of my heart had radiated to him.

And just like that, one video call with Taehyung was all it took to put me back at ease.

Taehyung held them up so I could get a closer view of them.

"How do you know how to love so perfectly?" I whispered it more to myself, but of course he hears. Taehyung always hears.

Taehyung slowly brings down the dolls from the camera, revealing his loving smile.

"It's all because of you, Jennie." He whispers back.

"I know what love is..."

Closing his eyes,

He hums,

"Because of you."

_________________

A/N: HOW WE FEELING MY PEOPLE? I MISSED YOU ALL AND I'M EXCITED TO MEET YOU ALL AGAIN. WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER? I THINK I FELL IN LOVE WITH TAEHYUNG ALL OVER AGAIN.