Regret

February 28, 20XXFriday

February 28, 20XX
Friday

I learned a lot about Irene today.

Irene Bae is actually from Korea (and not to far from here).

Irene Bae is a couple years older.

Also, Irene Bae has recently been hired as department head at Scenery Studio.

Most importantly,

Irene Bae doesn't make her facebook private.

I chew on my bottom lip as I set my phone aside.

I know I sound crazy.

And maybe I really am crazy.

However, all that the time and distance away from Taehyung are doing for me is filling me with more insecurities and a wild imagination.

They hung out with her for sure last night.

And there was this ache in my heart in not being there.

I trust Taehyung, I really do, but I don't trust the people there too much (even Jimin).

So I couldn't help it and took a peek at her profile.

I wanted to know more about her.

I wanted to check again if she was as pretty as I thought.

I guess I just wanted something to tell me there was no way she could be a threat.

You're being ridiculous, Jennie. 

All you're doing is creating unnecessary stress.

Deciding to exit her profile, I  go back to the browser and attempt to swipe the tab away. 

However, I actually end up just swiping to refresh the page, causing me to notice a new post peeking on the timeline. 

I raise an eyebrow and debate for a second to do the right thing and ignore it or take a peek like a creep.

I decide to take a peek.

It's a video.

She uploaded it on to her profile with the caption "This cutie finally joined us".

My anxiety rises and I immediately get an unsettling feeling.

It couldn't be...could it?

I take a deep breath and click on the video.

It starts off with Irene filming a couple of people goofing off and I easily spot Jimin laughing in the background.

Then, it pans over to two guys, Taehyung and someone I don't know. 

She only focuses on Taehyung anyway.

"My favorite junior! Isn't he cute?" She squeals slightly and if that wasn't annoying enough, she gets super close to Taehyung's face, whose visibly drunk.

Taehyung spots himself in the camera, fixing his hair before making a cute face as Irene repeats "Cute!"

"I'm really your favorite?" Taehyung asks after everything with a tilt of his head.

"Mhm!" She replies and the video ends abruptly, preventing me from seeing anything more.

I feel an uncomfortable dryness in my throat and I drop the phone in my lap so that I can bring my hands to cover my face.

I'm quiet until I'm not.

Tears fall out of my eyes and all that's inside of me...

is regret.