Resign

April 21, 20XXWednesday

April 21, 20XX
Wednesday

This morning, as I ride the train into work, I think about how bittersweet my nostalgia is. 

When I start vet school, I won't be heading to this side of town anymore. I most likely won't even be riding the train since a bus is easier. 

Giggles in front of me cause me to look up, a boy and a girl in matching college sweatshirts play around with each other. When the girl playfully hits the boy's chest, he grabs her hand and yanks her closer to him, enveloping her in a hug.

Cute.

Giving them some privacy, I look down to re-read the letter in my hand over and over.

The one I will be delivering to Taehyung soon.

I thought a lot about us after our date and I've finally came to the perfect decision for us.

When the train arrives at my stop, I get off and take my time walking to Winter Bear, letting the anxiety build up inside of me. 

After overthinking a bit, I cover my face and spin around, "Ugh!"

When I bring my hands down, I see Sungjae right in front of me, head tilted and very curious.

"Sungjae!"

He breaks into a grin, "Jen. Nie."

I quickly throw the letter into my purse before he could notice it. 

Looking up at him, he raises an eyebrow still smiling as he puts his hands in his pockets. 

"You weren't here yesterday."

"And you weren't here the day before." 

He pouts, "I know. I caught a cold or something that's why I barely texted, forgive me?"

I smile at him, "Of course."

After all, I was also busy...

He chews on his lip, "Did you see this morning's email?"

Pulling out my phone, I check my inbox, "No, I was running around this morning. Why? Is there a meeting or something?"

He shakes his head, "No...and there might not ever be."

I freeze, looking up at him, concerned.

"What?"

He starts walking inside and I follow after him.

Running his fingers through his hair, he sighs, "Winter Bear is closing."

Blinking my eyes, I think about whether I heard that right.

"Really?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Taehyung briskly walking in the hallway with a dark expression.