2: Agitation

A/N: Just a reminder that this fanfiction contains massive spoilers from the Tokyo Ghoul manga and anime. If you aren't finished with either, I highly suggest it (mainly just the manga). I can provide links of where you can read the manga and watch the anime if you would like. Just send me a message either on here or on my Instagram: lynxprism and I will send you the links. This story is also set in the :re universe after Kaneki creates the Black Goat Organization. This story is an AU. In this chapter, and in the future, I will be indicating at the top of every chapter that needs it, the potential triggers that will be mentioned before you begin reading each new chapter. Thank you for reading the updates and I hope you enjoy reading! <3333333

*THIS CHAPTER HAS A BRIEF PHYSICAL ALTERCATION TOWARDS THE END*

  You received plenty of red eyed glares from your fellow Ghouls. The confines of your room was the only safe haven from everyone that despised you. You were the odd man out, the ugly duckling; the single orange in a pile of red jelly beans. You were aware of Kaneki's previous life before he became a Ghoul Investigator and was wiped of his past memories. Though, you told yourself that you couldn't care less about the sob story. Kaneki informed everyone of his past, but insisted that anyone who wasn't close to him called him Haise, instead of Kaneki. It was simply in order to avoid attention being drawn to the Black Goat's Organization.
"Y/N." Kaneki announced himself outside of your door. It had been about an hour since you left his room. You didn't answer as you continued reading your book, sitting against the wall on your creaky spring bed. Kaneki allowed himself in, but you remained unbothered. You were tired of talking to the man you mutually despised. You had been dreaming of finding a way out of Tokyo to live on your own. You thought being homeless would be a better option than living in the 24th ward.
"Not that I would need to ask for permission from you, but I'm allowing myself in." Kaneki stated, standing in the middle of your room, wearing a black, calf-length coat. You didn't respond, ignoring his presence as you read on. Kaneki removed the book from your hands and stood over you with a glum, unamused expression on his face.
"I'm reading that." You groaned, glaring up at him.
"Like I care." Kaneki added, matching glares with you as he stared down.
"I know you don't, but that doesn't mean you can just carelessly touch things that don't belong to you." You mentioned, attempting to snatch the book from his hand. He pulled away and continued to look down at you with your body hunched forward.
"Give me the book." You seethed, getting up from your bed. Kaneki's instincts kicked in as he tossed the book on the floor and grabbed your wrists. He twisted one arm and maneuvered it around your back, pushing you down on the bed.
You wriggled to get free from him but you were no match for his strength at that moment. You released your kagune from your lower back. Your kagune was long and thick like Kaneki's but composed of thorns like a rose. Your name for the CCG was 'Red Sword'. Kaneki released you and backed away with caution.
You stood up and turned, your right eye engulfed with crimson red and surrounded by jet black. The veins around your eyes crackled with obsidian as you glared at Kaneki.
"Get out." You warned through a wary growl. Your patience was more than slim after what he had done. Kaneki grinned, releasing a pent up amount of air.
"I apologize, Y/N." You were surprised with his sudden warmth.
What is that I'm feeling that's radiating off of him? You thought to yourself. You calmed yourself and returned to your normal state, retrieving your book and setting it on the damaged desk next to your bed.
"You're clearly not going to leave until you've said what you need to say, so get on with it." You mentioned snapping your fingers so Kaneki would hurry himself. You crossed your arms and leaned against the desk, facing him.
"I came to apologize to you." Kaneki spoke, catching you off guard yet again.
"Apology accepted. Is that all?" You responded, remaining aloof. While the sudden apology seemed sincere, you still didn't trust Kaneki.
"Not really. Although, I'd appreciate it if you took me more seriously." Kaneki continued, honestly.
"Ah, it doesn't feel good does it? Now you know how I feel in that aspect." You jabbed your snarky rudeness back and forth at Kaneki.
"I give you a hard time because you remind me of my mother." He added with uncertainty in his voice. The tone pissed you off. You could tell he was lying. You had picked up on his habits long ago, noticing that he lied whenever he would go to rub his chin. Though he stopped, you could still tell he was lying in the rhythm of his voice.