Memory lane

Dumbledore drew up a chair next to my bed and laid back waiting for me to start speaking.

"My name is Katherine Potter. I've got a twin brother called Harry. We live with our aunt and uncle as our parents died in a car crash... What more do you want to know?"

Dumbledore sighed. "Can you remember anything that happened recently?"

I shook my head. "I don't even know how old I am. The last memory I have was from when I was ten."

He narrowed his eyes at me and sat forward in his chair. "That's the age before... This was no accident!"

My eyes widened "You mean someone took my memory away on purpose?"

Dumbledore nodded. "I think I may have to intervene. This won't hurt one bit."

He took out his wand-thing from his robe.

He stretched his hand out towards me and pressed his wand to my head.

It was like being hit by electricity but not as violent.

I saw him place a silver wisp from the wand into a small vial.

"W-what is that?" I stuttered astounded.

"Your memories." Dumbledore said.

"My memories?" I gasped. "Are you a-"

"Wizard? Yes." He finished for me. "And you a witch."

Me? A witch? No!

"I can't be."

"It doesn't matter if you believe so or not. The problem currently is your memory loss." Dumbledore slipped the vial into his robe pocket along with his wand. "Katherine change into these clothes before meeting me and a few other members of staff in the dining hall across the corridor, all right?"

I nodded as he left me alone in the Hospital Wing.

At the end of my bed were jeans and a tank top.

I changed yet again into a set of clothes but this time more comfortable.

I ran my hands through my tangled hair to make it a flat as possible before walking to the door that lead out of the Hospital Wing.

"Hello?" I called into the empty corridor. "I'm done!"

I heard a creak behind me and I swiveled around to see nothing.

"He-" I let out a muffled scream as a hand covered my mouth.

My vision went all blurry as the air became thinner.

"Shhh..." The person soothed. "Shhh..."