forty.

˚*•̩̩͙•̩̩͙

It was another night to be spent with little sleep and only the glow of his phone in the room, that is, until the other woman decided to leave again and hit the switch for the bathroom, illuminating his bedroom a bit more. The yellow light washed over her skin like a waterfall flowing down equally flawless stones, smooth and inviting to touch.

This may have been the only time he was finding more interest in his phone rather than the half naked woman he tends to see. It didn't go unnoticed by her either.

"Why are you always on your phone." she glared over her shoulder before slipping on a silk rope to cover what was once bare for most of the night they spent together. Taehyung waited for her to go to her shoes and leave already, she never really waited for a response. "Why are you always leaving so soon." he mumbled back, running a hand through his hair and finally tossing his phone on the sheets to pay attention to the advancing woman.

"I'm a busy lady Taehyung, maybe one day you'll understand that." she said.

Taehyung felt his stomach churn and a frown settled on his face. He hated it when she spoke like that, when she spoke so patronizingly. There's always been a space between them, one set that established the space between them. It always made Taehyung feel inferior, he knew she saw him that way.

"I've realized that." was all he said. The energy he had earlier was slowly dying and he only wanted to be left alone.

She grabbed her coat and slipped it on over her robe, tying it tight to keep out the cold once she walks out. "Aw baby," her lips were out in a mocking pout, "Don't miss me too much."

"Soojin stop," Taehyung glared at her, causing her to halt in her tracks for a second and raise an eyebrow. "I think you should go now." he said, not quite sure where this surge of confidence came from.

She pursed her lips together and walked to his side of the bed before smiling sweetly, but he could see the hardness of anger in her dark eyes. Soojin grabbed his jaw forcefully and made sure Taehyung was looking at her, "You know better than to speak to me that way." she whispered, "Next time I expect a better attitude. Okay baby?" she said with a smile before leaning down to press their lips together.

Taehyung kissed her back and reached for her waist, only feeling the pinch of her nails on his jawline. Soojin pulled away and walked to the door, not saying another word as she left again.

He rubbed his eyes and felt the hardness in his throat, the pinch behind his eyes and the turn of his stomach. Taehyung felt like he was going to be sick, but he missed her already. He didn't know how to fix it, how to rid himself of this trouble that seemed to be the only thing he looked forward to nowadays. It's not so easy to let go.

So he did the only thing he knew how to do. It only took a few minutes to drag himself from his bed and make a quick phone call. Once he was dressed and ready to go, Taehyung grabbed a few bottles from the fridge and shoved them in his backpack before heading over to his friends house.

The night was cold, but Taehyung could barely feel it as he knocked on the wooden door and waited patiently. "Took you long enough." his friend said once yanking the door open.

"Shut up Yoongi."

"Be nice or I'll kick you out."

"I brought beer." Taehyung slung his backpack off his shoulder and pushed past his hyung to get inside. "My man." Yoongi smiled.

The two went to the kitchen and Yoongi opened the fridge to pull out some cold beers while putting in the ones Taehyung brought for later. The older boy patted Taehyungs cheek as he walked past him to the living room, "I see you've been hanging out with Soojin."

Taehyung rubbed his jaw and wondered if the nail marks would bruise again this time. "Only sometimes." he mumbled.

"And now you're at my place at 3 am drinking beer." Yoongi waited for the younger boy to come into the living room before clinking their bottles and taking a sip. "Let's just keep the unhealthy habits going." he said.

Taehyung just rolled his eyes and took another sip of the beer in his hands. "Yeah why not."

"So you're hanging out with Jimin and Jungkook I've been seeing." Yoongi decided to change the subject and turn on some show, neither of them paid attention to the tv but it was nice to have in the background.

The younger boy just nodded, "Yeah, I do the filming for Jungkook now."

"Jimin told me." Yoongi said.

Taehyung couldn't help but laugh lightly, "Wow, you've been hanging out with Jimin and you guys actually talked?"

"Shut up," the older grumbled, "I said be nice or Ill kick you out."

He laughed quietly at his hyung before taking another sip of his drink before setting it down on the coffee table. The two sat in comfortable silence with only the tv going for a few moments before one decided to break that comfort. It wasn't Taehyung who was too busy with a million thoughts on his mind.

"Have you liked hanging out with Jungkook." Yoongi asked. He tone was soft, almost calculating, but Taehyung had also left a night with Soojin who was always calculating and made him stand on edge.

Taehyungs ming suddenly settled and he thought of the videos he's helped the youngest shoot and seeing the joy he has for his job, the change he has to watch the ravenette being happy and smiling through the camera lens. He also thought of the times they sat and edited for hours, the times that are less happy and carefree, where he's seen Jungkook stressed and mentally exhausted. Taehyung just nodded. "It's been alright."

Yoongi hummed and traced the neck of the beer bottle with his finger. "He's a good kid."

"Cheers to that," Taehyung said, holding up his bottle and clinking it lightly with Yoongis, before both took a sip and soon another and then more until the bottles were dry and new ones were needed.