the reunion pt. 1

i'm not being original at all rn but i love these kinds of fics and had to do my own lmaoo (also we're gonna pretend Hermione and Ron were never together just to make it easier)
*edit from future mallika: this fic is kinda shit, but i promise there's better ones after this one :) or at least i think so lmao*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione woke up to the sun streaming in from the open window in her bedroom. As she yawned and stretched her arms out, she noticed two envelopes on the nightstand beside her, both with the red Hogwarts seal. Wonder what those are for, she thought as she rolled over to wake up her husband.

"Draco, wake up, we've gotten letters from Hogwarts!" She said, shaking his shoulder.

"Mmm...what?" Draco slowly opened his eyes as he rolled over to face her.

"We've gotten letters! From Hogwarts!"

"Well good morning to you too. And last time I checked, we graduated fifteen years ago."

Hermione slapped his chest playfully, rolling her eyes. "Ooh, I think they're an invitation to the reunion!" she squealed, grabbing them and handing one over to Draco.

Hermione Granger was written in beautiful gold cursive on the front, sparkling as Hermione ran her fingers over it. As much as she loved her life now, Hogwarts always had a special place in her heart, and she couldn't believe she might see it again soon. She opened it, and a paper with more gold cursive came out.
———————————————————————
Dear Miss Granger,

You have been invited to attend the Hogwarts Class of 1998 Reunion Ball on April 25, 2017 from 7-10 pm in the Hogwarts Great Hall. You are welcome to bring your significant other if you choose to do so. We hope you will be able to come.

Sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
————————————————————————

"It's tomorrow! Oh, Draco, can we go? I'd love to see the Great Hall again, and I've not seen Harry or Ron in so long." Hermione said excitedly, her beaming smile making it impossible for her husband to say no.

Draco chuckled. "If you want to go, then of course. But I am a little worried, I'm not sure Potter or Weasley are going to react to us being together very well, and I know how much they mean to you."

Hermione looked at her husband and sighed. After Harry and Ron got accepted into Auror Training and Hermione went to work in the Ministry of Magic when the War ended, they hardly saw each other anymore and ended up losing touch for quite a while. They sent letters every now and then, but hadn't visited because of their schedules. She missed them, but she was thankful that in that time she had also found Draco. Coincidentally, they had ended up working in the same department, Magical Law Enforcement. Draco had been pardoned from being a Death Eater as he had been forced into it as a minor, although the Ministry still checked in with him every year. After two years of no suspicious activity however, they finally believed he would no longer do anything and allowed him to get a job in the Ministry. Hermione was no doubt shocked when she saw the handsome blond stroll into her office, but ended up being pleasantly surprised as she found him to no longer be the selfish, arrogant teenager he was in school. One thing led to another, and now she was happily married to him. And she wouldn't have asked for it any other way.

"Well then, I guess we'll get to surprise them in style." She said with a smirk.

"Hell yeah we are." Draco replied, mirroring her smirk causing both of them to burst out laughing.