tricks

muggle au
—————————
Hermione opened the door to her apartment, arms filled with shopping bags. She had just gotten back from a shopping trip with Ginny, which had started off as a trip for getting new things for her new place with Draco and ended with her getting more books for their already stuffed bookshelf, as well as some new boots. Needless to say, her arms almost fell off as she carried everything into the place.

Draco was lounging on the couch when his girlfriend came home, trying not to smile at her adorably red face from climbing two flights of stairs.

"How much did you get?" He asked, eyeing the bags.

"A lot more books than house things, unfortunately."

Draco snorted. "Between the two of us, this place is going to become a library before next year."

Hermione smiled, rolling her eyes as she dropped everything on the other end of the couch Draco was on. She turned to face her boyfriend, not noticing that one of the bags was dangerously close to falling.

She sat down, just about to cuddle up to Draco and relieve her sore muscles, when she heard something topple down behind her.

Hermione groaned as she saw the pile of books strewn across the floor. "Oh, fuck me."

Draco smirked, causing her to roll her eyes.

"That wasn't an invitation."

Draco said nothing, sitting up a bit so his face was closer to hers.

"I mean it." Hermione said, trying to keep her face from smiling. "I'm very tired, and I still have to put all of this away."

Draco simply hummed, moving his grinning face even closer. Hermione blushed as he gently put his hand under her chin, bringing his mouth to her ear.

Her heart fluttered as she felt his breath against her skin.

Draco kissed just under her earlobe, making her shiver. God, this man was good.

"I think..." Draco whispered, bringing his mouth back to her ear. "...that we should get Chinese for dinner."

He then leaned back against the couch, as if he hadn't done anything out of the ordinary, and turned back to the TV.

"What the hell was that?" Hermione exclaimed, smacking him on the shoulder.

"Ow!" Draco rubbed his arm, trying and failing to hold in his laughter as he watched Hermione's surprised face turn into a frown.

She pouted. "I hate you."

Draco smiled smugly at her, pulling her back to him. "You love me."

They stared at each other for a moment before Hermione finally broke, sighing and shaking her head as she smiled at him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Yeah, you're lucky I do."

Draco chuckled, leaning in for a kiss.

Hermione happily obliged, and soon they both forgot all about the mess on the floor.

——————————————————————————-

here's a short, cute one inspired by a post i saw on pinterest :)

almost at 60k!!! i have a bunch of oneshots coming that i'm excited about so get ready !

<3, mallika