goodbye, my love

don't kill me, i wanted to add variety to my one shots. also, it's a long one :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wish we could stay like this forever."

Hermione stared at the speckled night sky, her head resting comfortably in Draco's lap. She sighed happily. This part of her day was always her favorite, being able to forget about all her seemingly never ending problems and just lay there in peace. It was also one of the only times she could really spend time with her boyfriend, as they hardly saw each other during classes, and even though they were publicly together, there were still many people that were against their relationship, so they had tried to limit their interactions during the day anyway. It was painful for both of them, but it made these nights all the more wonderful.

Draco looked down at the brunette and smiled. He sat against a tree trunk, as he would never in a million years dare to mess his hair up by laying on the ground.

"Me too," he replied. "But, graduation is only a week away so we could actually do this forever if we wanted."

Hermione laughed softly and the peaceful silence resumed, both of them continuing to gaze at the stars with content smiles.

They weren't aware, however, of the shadow that slinked silently back into the forest.

-------------------------------------------------------

Azkaban was so unbelievably boring. Bellatrix sat in her cell, staring out of the tiny window on the wall at the moon, reminiscing about the good old days when she and the other Death Eaters could roam freely through the streets. Oh, how she longed for those days to be back. She was in the middle of reliving one of her proudest moments, killing Sirius Black, when she heard heavy steps walking briskly, getting louder and louder until they finally stopped, right outside of her cell.

She looked up and her eyes met the face of Lucius Malfoy, who was standing tall with his arms crossed and mouth in a firm line.

"Hello, Bellatrix."

Bellatrix grinned evilly. "Hello, Lucius. What brings you here at this time?"

The blonde man's mouth turned up into a smirk. "Why, to let you out of this dreary place. I have a job for you, involving Miss Granger, who I presume you've met before."

She remembered the mudblood girl from Malfoy Manor. Oh yes, her screams were quite delightful. Her smile widened. The Dark Lord may have been defeated by that stupid Potter boy, but that didn't mean she couldn't still have some fun every once in a while. And now, she finally had another chance.

"What's the job?"

"Let's get out of this cell first and I'll tell you the details on our way to Malfoy Manor."

Lucius brought out a rusty brass key from his coat pocket, and inserted into the lock. Quietly, he pushed the metal door open with only a slight creak and Bellatrix sneaked out. The two walked quickly out of the cells, and into the open air. The dementors guarding the island were nowhere to be found.

"How'd you get the dementors away?" She asked.

"Some very dark magic."

"And my wand?"

Lucius smirked, pulling the wand out of his robes. "Right here. Now let's Apparate before they wake up again."

He held out her wand to her, which she took with such delight she almost cackled out of joy.

Bellatrix took a deep breath. Finally, she was free. Free to do whatever she pleased. She grabbed Lucius' arm and they Apparated to Malfoy Manor.

The fireplace was ablaze, and Lucius motioned for her to sit in one of the chairs as he sat down in a big green armchair opposite her.