give me your two lips and baby, i'll shut up

title is lyrics from "shut up" by greyson chance, i highly recommend he's amazing!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning everyone, and thank you for coming. We greatly appreciate all of you showing up to help rebuild. Now, teams of two or three will be assigned a section of Hogwarts and you all will work to make sure that section is completely back to normal. Alright, Harry and Ron, you've got the Quidditch pitch. Dean and Luna, astronomy tower. Seamus, Neville, Ginny..."

Hermione stood there waiting for her assignment as Professor McGonagall continued to talk. She gazed around the ruins she had once called home, and sighed. It was going to take a lot of work to bring Hogwarts back to its original state.

"Hermione and Draco...you will do the Great Hall."

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. Malfoy? He was here? She looked around and sure enough, there he was, looking right back at her. To her surprise, he seemed to be completely fine with the fact that he had been assigned to work with her.

"Alright, you may all go to your assigned sections. We will meet back here at 12 for a quick lunch."

Everyone parted ways as Hermione slowly made her way over to Draco.

"Didn't expect to see you here, Malfoy."

The blond rolled his eyes. "Well, I am. It's the least I could do to make up for all the terrible things I did during the war."

Hermione stared at him. "Oh."

Draco chuckled slightly at her dumbfounded expression and began to walk in the direction of the Great Hall.

Hermione followed, still a bit in shock that he hadn't said one bad thing to her yet.

They entered into the destroyed hall, and Hermione gasped. The room that had once been full of joy and magic was now torn apart, tables broken and walls crumbling. She looked over at Draco, and she could see his mask of indifference breaking down. Hogwarts had been like home to him as well, after all.

Draco turned his head and met her eyes, but quickly looked away as he looked back around the hall again to see what had to be rebuilt. Hermione felt her heart flutter suddenly, and she looked down at her feet in embarrassment.

Heart. Shut up.

"So...I can start on this wall while you fix the tables?"

"Yeah, sounds good." Hermione replied, looking back up again. She ended up locking eyes with him again, and for a few seconds, it felt like everything else had all of a sudden melted away. His eyes were so captivating...

"Um...ok." Draco cleared his throat and turned towards the ruins of the wall.

Hermione nodded silently as she walked over to what was left of the tables. She could feel her face heating up, and she mentally smacked herself for what had just happened.

What was that?

Pushing the thought aside, she began to work. The two worked together in silence, which surprisingly was quite comfortable. And before she knew it, her watch said it was time for lunch.

She finished up the table she was on and turned towards Draco on the other side.

"Hey, it's time for lunch, you coming?" she called.

He stopped working and turned around. "Oh, yeah, sure just let me finish this section."

Hermione waited for him to walk over to her, absentmindedly kicking at the pebbles that were still on the ground. She didn't exactly know why she was waiting for him, but she felt like she'd be being rude if she didn't. Even if it was Malfoy. One specific rock she began to take a liking to, and began kicking it a little farther. Draco finally started walking over, and just as he got to her, she kicked her rock unknowingly straight at his feet.

The rock bounced off of his shiny black shoes, leaving a small gray mark.

"Granger, the hell was that for?!"

"What?"

"You just kicked a rock at my shoe!"

"Oh." Hermione looked down at his shoes. They were very fancy. "Sorry."

"Sorry?! That's all you're going to say?"

She looked up at his bewildered face. "What else am I supposed to say?"

"You just ruined my shoes! Do you even know how much these cost me?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize the rock was going to hit your shoe. But on the bright side, I don't think it did any damage."

"Are you blind? It left a mark!"

Hermione rolled her eyes, and began to walk out of the Great Hall. Her stomach did not have time for Malfoy to be over dramatic.

"It's the tiniest little speck of grey dust, I'm sure you'll be able to clean it."

Draco caught up to her, glaring as he pointed at his shoe. "A tiny speck?! It's a huge mark!"

Hermione gave him a look. "Stop being so over dramatic. It's a tiny grey speck, I'm sure you can get it off just fine."

Draco threw his hands up in exasperation. "These are special shoes, Granger. Made out of the finest leather ever found. They cost me a fortune..."

Hermione gritted her teeth as she tried to ignore his complaining. Honestly, they were just shoes. Special leather or not, it wasn't the end of the world. But, no, Malfoy kept going on and on and on. So much so that Hermione was about one second from exploding.

The spoiled brat. Here I was thinking he had changed because he didn't even insult me once since we started, but nope, he's still the same.

She silently glared at the Slytherin, who was still talking.

Does he ever shut up? They're shoes, not his face!

"Now I'm going to have to take them to a special cleaner to get them fixed, and I'll have to spend hundreds of galleons even though they'll never be the same. Never! If it weren't for you and your careless—"

"Oh, for the love of Merlin!" Hermione finally exclaimed, grabbing Draco's face and doing the only thing she knew would leave him speechless.

She kissed him.

After pulling away, Draco was left absolutely stunned.

"What—that—you kissed me!"

That was all he could stammer out, eyes wide in surprise.

Hermione rolled her eyes, and continued walking.

"Finally, I get some goddamn silence." She muttered to herself, unaware that she had left the blond frozen in the middle of the corridor.

"Granger! Hey!"

Hermione internally groaned. Her peace had not lasted long enough. Turning around, she glared at Draco.

"What?"

He slowly became unfrozen, and walked toward her.

"What'd you kiss me for?"

Hermione snorted, turning back around and walking away. Calling over her shoulder she said, "It was the only way to shut you up."

And with that, the rest of the day was spent in blissful silence. Hermione was glad she didn't have to hear Draco whine anymore, but a weird feeling kept creeping up anytime she thought about it. She hadn't expected his lips to be so soft.

And little did she know, he was thinking the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my writing is meh, but i'm really loving these prompts lmao. if any ever has any ideas too, message me! :)

we're at 16k reads and literally i am currently squealing in bed at 12am aaaaa ILY ALL

also all of ur comments are fucking great, i love reading them lol

hope y'all are doing good, i better sleep so i can go to school tomorrow. oh, and hopefully i'll get another chapter of promises done soon, i haven't gotten much time to write tho.

see ya!

<3, mallika