surprise motherfuckers pt. 1

*there will be ron bashing in this fic, just to let you all know :)*
**also this is another reunion fic lmao**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready to go, love?"

Draco leaned against the door frame of his wife's office, smiling as he watched her type away on her computer.

"Almost..." She replied, typing a few more words before finally hitting send. She closed her computer and smiled up at him. "Done."

Hermione got her things and grabbed her coat off of her chair, walking over to her husband and giving him a peck on the lips.

"I can't believe I finally managed to finish those reports," she said as they walked out of their company building. "Thank Merlin for computers."

"It's really quite amazing what Muggles have managed to invent without magic." Draco replied.

Hermione grinned. She had been the one that suggested they use Muggle technology in their company, after her hand had cramped so much from writing letters she thought it would never recover. And although Draco had long abandoned his "purebloods are superior" mindset, it always made her blush proudly when he made a comment like that.

They apparated into their penthouse in London, quite tired from the long day they had. After Hermione had married Draco, she quit her job at the Ministry and became the co-owner of his family's company, Malfoy Inc. It was a lot of responsibility, but she was able to see Draco more often than when she worked in Magical Law Enforcement, so it was definitely worth it. The couple set down their coats and flopped down on the couch. Hermione cuddled into her husband, his arm around her as she lay her head on his shoulder.

Draco played lazily with her brown hair as his eyes began to close. Suddenly, there was a tap on the window. Draco's eyes flew open, only to find an owl with a golden envelope in its beak.

"Isn't that one of the Ministry's owls?" Hermione asked, turning her head to see what Draco had been looking at.

"Yeah," Draco said, untangling himself as he stood up to open the window. He gave the owl some treats in exchange for the letter.

It was addressed to him, and looked very fancy. Hermione walked up behind him as he opened it.

"What is it?" She asked as she looked over his shoulder at the letter.

"Dear Mr. Malfoy," Draco read. "You have been invited to attend the 10 Year Anniversary Gala for the Battle of Hogwarts. It will take place in the Great Hall of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, on May 2, 2008 from 8pm to 11pm. We hope you are able to attend. Best wishes, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Minister of Magic."

"That's next week!" Hermione said happily.

Draco looked over at his wife and raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you want to go?"

"Of course! I haven't seen anyone from Hogwarts in so long; it will be so nice to catch up."

"What about Weasley?"

Hermione's smile faded as she heard the name. "Oh, right. And Greengrass."

Draco winced at the mention of his ex-girlfriend. It had been eight years since he had found out about her cheating on him with the Weasel, but it still hurt to think about it. The only good thing to come out of that whole disaster was Hermione. He looked at her, heart breaking at her crestfallen expression as she sat back down onto the couch.

Draco and Hermione had Ron and Astoria to thank, somewhat, for bringing them together. Draco and Astoria had been betrothed since birth, but despised each other. Draco found her way too annoying and self-absorbed. So, when Draco found out about her and Weasley he wasn't exactly heartbroken, but he was hurt that she didn't care enough to at least tell him she had feelings for someone else so he could've been relieved of her sooner. Weasley, on the other hand, he wanted to kick off of the face of the Earth. Because for him, he had had a wonderful girl who had been in love with him for two years, and he threw it all away for Astoria, who's only redeeming qualities were that she had a lot of money and wasn't completely ugly. Thankfully, that wonderful girl was now Draco's wife.