my angel

~~~~~

Hermione was sitting on the couch, enjoying the cooking show that was currently on the TV, when she heard the door swing open.

"Hello, my love." Draco said as he walked over to his wife, kissing her on the cheek and setting his briefcase down on the table. "Ready to go?"

"Oh! I forgot that was today." Hermione smiled, slowly getting up to grab her coat and shoes.

"Hermione Malfoy, forgetting something? I think you've been watching that thing for too long, it's eating all your brain cells."

"Haha, very funny."

Draco laughed as he held his arm out to her, and off they went to St. Mungo's.

~~~

"Hermione, Draco! Good to see you again." Luna exclaimed as she entered the room the couple was in. She was one of the head Healers at St. Mungo's, and also happened to be the couple's gynecologist.

"Hello, Luna!" Hermione replied, lying back on the ultrasound table.

"Nice to see you." Draco added, smiling.

"So, this is your first abdominal ultrasound, is that correct?" Luna asked, sitting down at her computer beside Hermione.

"Yes." Hermione smiled, heart fluttering at the word. Ultrasound. She had specifically asked to do everything without magic, wanting to get the full experience of the pregnancy like she had seen with her cousins. She had always wanted to be a mother, and now it was finally happening with the greatest husband she could've asked for. She couldn't believe it.

Draco looked over at his smiling wife and grinned. They were both excited to be parents, but Hermione was probably even more than him. He held in a chuckle as he remembered the day she found out she was pregnant. It took him a good ten minutes to get her to stop dancing around and tell him what the bloody hell she was so happy about. It was the happiest he had ever seen her.

"How far along are you?" Luna asked, lifting Hermione's shirt up to reveal the tiny bump.

"10 weeks."

"Wonderful." Luna smiled, beginning to spread the ultrasound gel. "Has everything been going well so far? Anything seem out of the ordinary?"

"No," Hermione replied, slighting shivering at the gel. "Although I have noticed that my symptoms aren't as bad as they used to be. I read all about them when I first got pregnant, and it said that it could just be because of fluctuating hormones, but I thought you should know."

"Oh, well that is good to know, thank you." Luna replied, although her voice sounded a bit quieter than before.

"Is that bad?" Hermione asked, noticing Luna's voice change and beginning to get worried.

Luna looked up at her and smiled gently. "Well no, because it could just be, as you said, fluctuating hormones. But, I assume you may have also seen that a decrease in pregnancy symptoms can be a sign of a...miscarriage."

Hermione swallowed the growing lump in her throat. "I did...but it said at 10 weeks there's only like a 2% chance of it actually happening so I figured it would be best not to get paranoid about it."

"Yes, you're right. While it is a sign, a miscarriage at this point is rare. You two are both healthy and strong young people, so it's best not to worry."

Hermione smiled, although this time not as brightly. "Right."

Draco listened silently to the whole conversation, watching Hermione's face. He could tell that she was still worried, after what Luna had said. Quietly, he took her left hand in his and squeezed it gently. She looked over at him with a smile, but her eyes told a different story.