crush

*sixth year, voldemort never existed, draco's nice lmao*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hermione granger is smart, confident, and won't let anyone break her stride. 

well, unless it's draco malfoy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione smiled as she walked into the Potions classroom. The new year had started off wonderfully with her finally becoming a prefect, and she could just feel that she was going to do even better than last year. Granted, she had always been the top of her class, but becoming Head Girl was no easy task. She had to make sure nothing distracted her.

She sat down in her bench beside Parvati when Snape walked in. He turned around to face the class, black robes swishing with the movements.

"As it is the first day of the new year, I have made new seat assignments. Please find your seats quickly so we can begin class."

He turned around and waved his wand at the blackboard, and the seating chart appeared. Hermione stood up to see where she was going to be, and froze when she saw where she was sitting.

Right in the front bench: Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy.

Hermione's felt her heart beating faster as she looked towards her seat, only to find that her partner was already sitting there. Draco had not noticed her staring at him, busy getting out his parchment and quill. Hermione throat went dry when his hair fell into his eyes as he was looking down, causing him to run his hand through to push the strands back.

Realizing that almost everyone had found their seats, Hermione unfroze and began to make her way to her new seat.

"You'll be fine, Hermione," She muttered to herself. "So what if you've had a crush on him since fourth year? He's just a person, and you can't let him get in the way of you excelling in this class. Just act normal."

"Hey, Granger." Draco greeted as she sat down beside him, smirking playfully.

Hermione's heart fluttered. "H-Hi."

Merlin, I'm screwed.

To her relief, Snape began talking again before she could embarrass herself even more.

"To start off this year, we will be brewing the Draught of Peace. Hopefully, none of you have forgotten what you learned last year, so there will be no repeated incidents." Snape drawled, eyeing Seamus and Neville. "You may start working."

"He really had to choose the hardest potion from fifth year for us to do on our first day?" Hermione muttered.

"Well, Potions is my best subject and you're the brightest witch of your age, so I think we're good." Draco replied, smiling. "So, are you going to get the ingredients or should I?"

Hermione's eyes widened. Did he just...compliment her?

"Granger?"

"Huh?" Hermione blinked.

Draco chuckled. "Are you going to get the ingredients?"

"Oh! Oh, yeah, I am."

Hermione made her way quickly over to the where the ingredients were laid out, trying to hide her embarrassment. How could she have just frozen like that? She groaned internally.

Nice move, Hermione. He probably thinks you're mental now.

She gathered up everything they needed and went back to their bench. Thankfully, she managed not to mess anything up or say anything stupid, and breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that their potion had come out flawlessly.