promises pt. 3

*Saturday*
Draco's POV
———————————
I walked down to the entrance of Hogsmeade, still completely clueless on what Hermione's little plan was. She hadn't said a word to me ever since the morning in the hospital wing, but I did manage to catch her eye a few times across the Great Hall, and she always smiled in return.

I didn't know why I trusted her so much, or why she was even doing this, but I just figured it wouldn't hurt to start putting prejudices aside. I just hoped I wasn't reading this all wrong. She could be getting revenge for all I knew, I mean, I definitely deserved it after all I did to her. But something told me that wouldn't happen, and I smiled in spite of myself at the thought that I could be starting a new, better life.

I was greeted by Luna at the entrance, who seemed to have an envelope in her hands.

"This is for you, Draco, from Hermione. It has more details inside."

After she left, I opened the letter impatiently and groaned at its contents.

====================================
Meet me in front of Honeydukes. I'll explain more later.

-Hermione
====================================

"Not even the tiniest bloody clue. What in the world is she planning?" I muttered to myself, after stuffing the letter in my pocket and making my way over to the candy shop.

I tried to ignore the looks, but it was like every person I passed seemed to be giving me the same look of utter disgust. I looked straight ahead, as if they hadn't bothered me. No one had ever seen an insecure Malfoy, and it wasn't about to start now.

Finally, I reached the shop, where Hermione was thankfully already standing.

It being autumn, she was wearing a black coat and maroon scarf, hands inside her pockets as she looked around constantly. Her nose was slightly red from the cold, which I did not find adorable in any way.

What are you smiling for, I didn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hermione's POV
———————————

"Where is he? It's bloody cold." I muttered under my breath, looking all around for that infamous white-blond hair.

"Hi."

My head turned in surprise to find Draco standing there, a shy smile on his face that left me fighting to keep my blush from becoming noticeable.

I immediately grinned. "Oh good, you're finally here! Come on."

I motioned with my head to follow me as I walked into the alley between Honeyduke's and the store beside it.

"This better not be the surprise." Draco said behind me, and I could sense slight nervousness in his voice.

I looked back at him and laughed. "Don't worry, it's not. I just needed somewhere for us to Apparate without being seen."

"Apparate? Why in the world do we-" Draco was cut off as I grabbed his arm and Apparated to our surprise destination.

Once we arrived, Draco looked around completely confused.

"Why are we in London? Muggle London?"

I smiled at him, eyes sparkling with excitement.

"I wanted to take you to a place that might help relieve some of the pain that you keep feeling from seeing your Dark Mark all the time. It's where I went to get help with my mark."

"Your mark?"

"The one your aunt gave me." It suddenly got quiet as Draco realized what I was talking about.