idiots in love

Lavender glared at the two people in front of her. It just wasn't fair. How did they manage to be so annoyingly adorable all the time?

She looked over to her right, where Ron was stuffing his face, and sighed. It was the one time everyone from Hogwarts got together for a nice lunch after not seeing each other since their graduation, and her boyfriend was still more interested in eating than anything else. 

Why couldn't he be more like Draco? 

Lavender turned her gaze back to the couple seated across from her a few seats down, and frowned. Ever since Draco and Hermione had started dating two years ago, they had been inseparable. And now, they were staring at each other like two lovesick puppies, hardly touching their food. It made her sick. 

"Hey, I know you're in love or whatever, but I will not hesitate to hex you both if you don't stop your bloody snogging eyes. Just let me finish my goddamn tea before you two climb all over each other."  She heard Blaise's voice say from farther down the table. 

She watched as Hermione rolled her eyes at him, smiling smugly. "I can stare at my boyfriend all I want, thank you very much. You're just jealous Luna couldn't make it."

Blaise narrowed his eyes at his best friend. "She's spending too much time with you." 

Draco laughed, a playful smirk appearing on his face. "And that's a bad thing?"

The three continued to talk, and Lavender eventually stopped listening. They were just too perfect, and it made her so mad she could scream. 

She pushed her food around on her plate, occasionally trying and failing to start a conversation with Ron. Eventually, dessert came, much to her dismay. Ron practically started devouring the multiple sweets in front of them, leaving no chance for any small talk. 

Lavender sighed again. He was hopeless. 

Her eyes found themselves wandering back to the happy couple down the table, and she felt herself begin to seethe with envy. They were laughing, feeding each other cake like it was their wedding. She watched as Draco gently pushed Hermione's curls behind her ear and kissed her affectionately, icing still on their lips. 

They looked like idiots. Idiots in love. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this one's really short, but i thought it was a cute idea lol

i have two other drafts that are prob gonna be much longer so get ready for those :) also i just joined a slytherin google classroom and honestly it's super fun so if anyone wants the code i can give it 

we're so close to 20k reads i literally can't believe it. thank you guys so much for actually caring enough to actually vote and comment on my things, i love reading all of the comments lmao

ily all!!

<3, mallika