chapter 26: Nightmares....

I was talking and holding hands with a girl. She looked about my age. It was blurry but I could make out what was going on. We did a pinky promise and she giggled.

"Promise me you'll be my manager!"

"Sure!"

Was that me. Did I just promise that. No it wasn't. It was Kang Mirae. I heard distorted sounds.

"Mirae ah!"

"Jina yah!"

Then suddenly it was dark. I was in a classroom. In the corner of the room, faceless students appeared. They approached me maliciously. They said horrible things to me.

"Ugly"

"Fatty"

"Die bitch"

"Slut"

"No stop! It hurts... Stop it!"

Those things pushed me down and I was falling through a dark hole. I reached out my hand and unknowingly a name slipped out of my tongue.

"Jina!"

Then I woke up in a highway. There was only one street light. Making it harder for me to see. I heard screams and crying from the darkness. I slowly backed up and encountered a wall. I turned around to see city lights shining brightly faraway. I looked down to see a bottomless pit. I heard someone call my name. I turned around abruptly and saw the same girl that held my hand earlier.

"Mirae ah do you know why this is my favorite spot? Of course you don't." She giggled and came beside me.

"Well look there..." I saw where she was pointing.

"The bright city lights... They give me hope. There's more adventures out there to be explored. More things to see than our boring lives. I don't want to live this way forever. I wanna go out there. But look down there. It's a pit. People like us will always fall into a pit when we try to reach out for things that don't belong to people like us but I believe there's a way for me to cross. I will cross this pit to the bright shining lights."

She smiled at me so brightly and I could feel my chest tighten. Suddenly she disappeared. Someone pushed my down the pit. I fell down on a bed of bones. I shrieked. In the corner the same girl Jina crawled out. She looked half decomposed. She crawled on me and whispered in my ear while I was screaming and struggling.

"Why... Why didn't you realize? We're you so selfish? Because of you!!! I'm dead...."

I pushed her off of me and ran. It was hard to move cause of the bones. I kept tripping. I kept trying to run away and the girl grabbed and choked me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I woke up panting, cold sweat dripping down my fore head. My cheeks were wet. I was crying. Thank god. It was all just a dream. I cried for awhile and went to drink water. I couldn't sleep the whole night. What was that dream about? I'm sure that girl Jina is Mirae's friend. She has to be. Have I seen that name before? I remembered. I took my phone and searched through my messages. There it was Oh Jina. She sent me a message once. ( If you can't remember check chapter 11). I thought she'd reply back but she never did. Did they fight before this in highschool? The dream was definitely weird. I messaged her back.

~time skip~

It's been hours since I messaged her. This is weird. Who is this girl? I'm sure it's not just a nightmare. I'm sure it was something from Mirae's past. I always get chunks of her memories sometimes. Jungkook approached me. I quickly put on my usual smile.

"Hey..." I said feeling shy.

"Hey how you doing? Did you sleep well y/n?" He said while rubbing his neck.