like like .

One week later

One week later...

September 26th, 2019

I put the blunt out and rolled another one. I was sitting on the balcony of a hotel room. Karin was probably taking a shower or something. Earlier, she tried to help me "feel better".

I appreciated it, but it didn't help out with nothing. Even though she killed Jug, Jug killed her brother. So I guess she had some kind of reason. I mean, I sat there and let her kill him. It's my fault too, right?

I looked at the view of the city and smiled. When I was like 15, Jug would make me climb up a gas station and look at the city.

Flashback

"Jug, this shit is dangerous. What if the store owner come out here?" I asked him.

"Stop being a bitch Izzy, come up" he reached out his hand.

I grabbed it, getting pulled up onto the roof. I looked around and seen the lights from the city. I went to where Jug was sitting and sat beside him.

"One day, ima run the city. Everything is gonna be mine. I'm gonna share it with you, too" he patted my back.

I smiled, thinking about running the city. Even though he was older than me, he included me in everything. He was the big brother I never had.

"I love you Josiah" I pushed him.

He smiled, putting his arm around me.

"I love you too, Izzy"

Flashback Over

I felt Karin wipe my eyes and take the blunt from me. I didn't even notice I was crying. She sat on my lap, giving me a kiss.

"I'm so sorry" she wiped my eyes again.

I wrapped my arms around her and started to cry. She laid her head on my head, rubbing my back. I've been holding my feelings in ever since I seen him get shot. Mainly because Karin killed him.

She already thinks I'm sinking into depression.

"Want me to fix you something?" She asked.

She was getting real sweet. Usually, she'd tell me to stop being a bitch, but now she's just comforting me. This past week, she's been trying to make me feel better.

I shook my head, answering her. I pulled her further up on my lap, laying my head on her chest.

"Don't leave me" I mumbled.