Trick Or Treat Freak

.•.

"Ahhhhh" Mrs Henderson girlishly squealed prompting Violet to cringe at the loud noise as she walked into the living room; her eyes quickly landing on her dorky brother dressed as a ghostbuster

"Flash me those pearls" their mom said causing Dustin to give a goofy smile.
"Nerd" Violet's voice interrupted.
"Rrrrrrrrrr" Dustin let out his god awful signature sound that he did with his new 'pearls'. He knew Violet hated that sound so constantly did it to wind her up. Their mom ignored the siblings bickering and started humming the ghost busters theme tune.
"Come on Violet get in one" her mum awkwardly said to the older girl.
"Fine" Violet got in the picture arm around her brother and wide smile on her face. Just as the camera clicked mews let out a meow causing their mother to scoop the cat up into her arms trying to 'calm him down' but in Violet's opinion that cat was a untameable little devil. A cars honks drew Violet from her thoughts
"That's my ride. See you later D. Have a good day." Violet said ignoring her mother's presence and walking past Dustin giving his hair a ruffle before running out of the house and into the car of Jonathan Byers.

"Morning Byers'" she said cheerfully at the boys "love the costume Will" she complimented her favourite younger boy.
"Thanks V" he muttered
"Hey you okay buddy?" Violet asked sensing that the boy was down about something
"Yeah"
"People have been calling him Zombie Boy at school" Jonathan informed the girl.
"Zombie Boy? God that's pathetic. If they only knew the shit we all went through last year especially you Will it's bullshit absolute bull-" Violet rambled on but stopped when she saw Wills sad face. "Hey listen bud" she leaned forward so she was in the middle of Will and Jonathan "anyone else calls you 'Zombie Boy' you tell them to come straight to me and I'll sort them out for you" Violet said causing the younger Byers boy to laugh at the girls passion.
"I will. Thanks V"
"No problem kid" Violet said and with that they had pulled into the school parking lot so Violet gave Will a kiss on the cheek and got out of the car walking alongside Jonathan as they watched Will run over to her brother and his friends.

"They are really something else..." Violet laughed at the boys. As she went to look over at Jonathan her eyes caught on to a camaro, more specifically Billy leant against the blue car surrounded by three girls. Of course he was a chick magnet and Violet knew this but she could help but feel a twinge of jealousy run through her body as she watched him flirt with other girls. This scared violet. She never really got jealous but now she was suddenly jealous that Billy was talking to other girls that weren't her. It was crazy. No it was more then crazy she barely knew the boy and knew him well enough to know he was a dick head. So she pushed the strange feeling of jealousy aside and said her goodbyes to Jonathan before finding her friends so they could talk about their costumes.

~§~

It was Violet's free period and her and her friends were sat in the library. Mary was trying to finish her essay for English but was failing as she kept on being dragged into the conversation of Jane, Marcus and Violet.

"You said that the new boy was only 'alright'. Alright? He is more then alright! He is a god ... I mean did you see him yesterday in cheer? His body. Oh lord have mercy that body..." Jane went on
"Alright Jane we get it he is good looking" Marcus sulked
"Was he any good yesterday?" Violet quizzed Marcus about Billy's basketball skills
"Yeah he was really good actually. He is a bit too aggressive though for my likings... there is talk that he might overthrow the king himself" Marcus explained
"I wish people wouldn't call him that" Violet muttered
"What? The king?"
"Yeah I mean he's a person and his name is Steve" Violet frowned at Steve's social status. She never really understood why things like that mattered and it made her mad that people called Steve 'the king' it made him seem like a arrogant prick which Violet knew he was not.
"I forgot how much you hated your boyfriends social status" Jane laughed
"For the last time he is not my boyfriend and there is no 'sexual chemistry' between the two of us" Violet whisper shouted at Jane.
"Keep on telling your self that"
"Anyway" Marcus changed the conversation sensing the tense atmosphere. "Who is everyone dressing up as for tonight?"
"The legend herself: Madonna" Jane excitedly said.
"I'm going as Michal Jackson. You know his classic orange pants and jacket from thriller?" Marcus explained. Violet tried to listen to Jane and Marcus bicker over which singer was more of a icon but her eyes were set on Nancy Wheeler and how vigorously she was sharpening her pencil.

Looking over at Steve who was also watching Nancy, Violet decided to go over to the Wheeler girl but only got so far as a hand pressed its self on the small of her back prompting her to stop. Violet looked behind her to see Steve giving her a weak smile
"I've got this" he whispered in her ear sending shivers down her spine. Violet sent him a nod and then went back to sit with her friends who's eyes were all on her. Jane raised a eyebrow at her friend after seeing that little interaction between friends.
"What?" Violet snapped. The only reason Violet was so defensive about her and Steve being more than friends and having this sexual chemistry is because Violet believed that her and Harrington could maybe be more than just friends but Violet didn't want to risk their friendship over a very very small gut feeling...
"Nothing. Anyway who are you going as ?" Jane asked
"Carrie"

~§~

It was the end of the day and Violet had seen Max and called her over. The two were chatting happily about Halloween as they approached the parking lot unaware of the harsh deep blue eyes that were glaring at them. Billy leant against his camaro cigarette in mouth as he breathed in the toxic fumes.
"Max" his voice boomed grabbing the attention of both red heads as they got closer to the car Violet gave Billy a short smile
"Billy"
"Sparky" he replied
"You do know my name is Violet right?" She asked
"Of course I'm not stupid"
"Right... Anyway see you later Max. Er bye Billy" Violet said giving them a small wave as she walked towards the Byers car
"Your late again" Billy growled at Max thinking Violet wouldn't hear but she did
"Yeah I was talking to Vi" Max stated causing Billy to sigh
"Well I don't care. If your late agin your skating home do you hear me?" He took one last drag of his smoke and then clambered into his car and zooming off down the streets of Hawkins ...

AN- the chapters will get longer don't worry! But what are your thoughts so far? Let me know in the comments !!
As always It would mean a lot if you could Vote, it's always appreciated :)