The Spy

.•.

"I don't hear shit" "He's in there"The two boys bickered back and forth unaware of the girl behind then watching them curiously

"I don't hear shit"
"He's in there"
The two boys bickered back and forth unaware of the girl behind then watching them curiously. Steve cautiously tapped on the storm cellar door using his bat and when there was no noise he slammed down on it.
"What are you shitheads doing?" Violet's voice asked from behind causing both boys to jump up and Dustin to scream like a girl.
"Violet! What the fuck are you playing at sneaking up on us like that?" Steve harshly said with his hand on his heart as he turned to the older Henderson sibling. Violet was still annoyed at Steve so completely ignored him focusing mainly on her brother who didn't fail to notice how cold his sister was being to Steve, but more importantly didn't fail to notice the gun her hand.
"Wait what are you doing with a GUN?" Dustin questioned
"Violet put that thing down" Steve demanded, his eyes widening as he caught a look at the pistol in her hand
"Well why do you think I have a gun. After everything that happened last year I'd be stupid not to have one wouldn't I ? Anyway Dustin what are you doing?" Violet asked. Dustin shared a look with Steve before giving a look his sister knew too well. It was the 'I'm very sorry but I've screwed up really bad but please don't kill me' look.
"Okay well you know Dart....." Dustin asked whilst twiddling his fingers
"Dustin what have you done?"
"I might of lied to everyone when we were looking for him and took him home. And then he might of molted and broke out of the cage and ate mews." Dustin explained fast in hopes his sister wouldn't hear but she did.
"You kept that thing? After Will told us it was from the upside down! How could you be so stupid Dustin? Wait that thing killed moms cat? Does she know? Oh my god she is going to go into a mental breakdown when she finds out!" Violet yelled at her brother.
"I know and I'm sorry I'm stupid. And no she doesn't know I sent her looking else where."
"Where is it now then?" Violet sighed
"In there" Dustin pointed at the storage cellar.
"All right listen kid" Steve interrupted the siblings conversation "I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank you two are pulling to get me back for being a dick to your sister" Steve said shining the torch in Dustin face. "Your dead"
"It's not!" Dustin argued
"Alright?" Steve finished off his speech
"It's not a prank! Get it out of my face" Dustin swatted the torch out of his face.
"You got a key for this thing"

Steve opened the door and slowly peaked inside still not sure whether to believe the Henderson siblings. Violet and Dustin slowly moved forward to look in as well but they could see nothing.
"Let me see that" Steve grabbed the flashlight of Dustin
"he must be further down there" Dustin suggested "I'll stay up here in case he tries to ... escape. You two go down and see if he is still mad"
"Us two?" Violet gulped
"Well you are the only two with actual weapons" Dustin pointed out the obvious. Violet really didn't want to go down there but she knew that it was the only option - there was no way she was letting Dustin go down and as mad as she was with Steve she didn't want him going down there alone either.
"Fine let's go"  Violet said pushing Steve forward to go first. Steve took a deep breath in sharing one last look with Dustin- a look that said 'your dead if this is a prank' and then took Violet's hand guiding her behind him.