The Gate Part 2

.•.

After a while of convincing Violet agreed to go through with the kids plan to distract the demodogs from the gate but she most certainly wasn't going to let Max drive like the kids had told her to

After a while of convincing Violet agreed to go through with the kids plan to distract the demodogs from the gate but she most certainly wasn't going to let Max drive like the kids had told her to. So they had all piled in the car with Violet driving, Lucas and Max were in the front- Max sat in his lap and Dustin and Mike were sat in the back with Steve sprawled in the middle. Violet was a crappy driver and everyone in Hawkins knew it so she was concentrating immensely on her driving skills and it was going... alright. Well it was going alright until Steve woke up.
"Nancy?" Violet heard Steve ask and she would of laughed if she wasn't sweating so hard from driving.
"No don't touch it. Hey buddy shhhhh. It's okay you put up a good fight. He kicked your ass but you put up a good fight buddy. You're okay" Dustin shushed Steve trying to calm him.
"Okay so your going to keep straight for half a mile then make a left on mount Sinai" Lucas instructed Violet
"Okay. Okay" Violet muttered and focused on the road trying not to hit anything but Steve's stirring was distracting her.
"What's going on" Steve said louder. Violet for a split second turned around to see how Steve was but the moment the two made eye contact and Steve realised Violet was intact driving Billy's car, his eyes widened in fear for he knew how bad of a driver he was.
"Oh my god" Steve shouted trying to sit up.
"Relax she's driven before" Dustin tried to calm Steve
"Yeah and failed her test miserably" Mike countered- feeling just as scared as Steve.
"That counts" Lucas shouted from the front of the car.
"They were going to leave you behind" Dustin told Steve
"Oh my god" he repeated again
"Me and Violet promised that you'd be cool okay?" Dustin tried to keep Steve from freaking out but it was no use as from the moment Steve had seen Violet in the driver seat he knew they were in serious danger.
"Whoa whoa whoa what's going on?" He asked in a panicked voice which just freaked Violet out even further causing her to hit on the acceleration peddle. "Oh my god. No! Whoa. Stop the car. Slow down" Steve complained again
"I told you he'd freak out" Mike snapped at Dustin who shrugged his shoulders in response.
"Stop the car!" Steve shouted again.
"Everybody shut up! She's trying to focus" Max barked at them all.
"Thanks Max" Violet quietly muttered taking a deep breath in.
"Oh wait, that's mount Sinai. Make a left" Lucas hurriedly said
"What?" Violet panicked
"Make a left, make a left" Violet tried to make a smooth turn but she failed hitting a letter box over and in response to the slight bump all the kids dramatically screamed causing Violet to let out a laugh
"God you scream like a girl Sinclair"  She said to the boy.
After zooming down the field Violet saw the hub and quickly slammed down in the breaks
"Shit were not going to make it" Lucas squawked
"Yes we are" Violet yelled back pressing even further on the break
"Oh god" Steve screamed
"SHIT"
Just missing the hole by mere centimetres the car came to a sudden holt.
"Hello" Steve yelped out when the car stopped
"Whoa" Dustin said amazed that they actually got there in one piece and didn't end up in the hole
"Incredible" Mike breathed out.
"Maybe she can be your zoomer" Max joked. The kids and Violet all leaped out of the car- not wasting any time but Steve who was aching all over crawled out of the vehicle and watched as everyone rushed around putting bandannas around their mouths and goggles on their eyes.
"Oh no guys. Where do you think your going ? Violet we agreed on this! What are you deaf. Hellooooo? We are not going down there right now! I made myself clear. Hey there is no chance we are going to that hole alright? This ends right now" Steve rambled on and both Henderson siblings approached him; Violet grabbed his shoulders in order to shut him up and Dustin stood with Steve's bat in his hands.
"Steve look, I know we said we wouldn't do this but the kids have a point. El needs support and I'll be dammed if we sit around doing nothing when we could potentially save her and Hopper's life" Violet explained and Steve eventually nodded his head in agreement and took his bad from Dustin's hands.