The Gate

.•.

"Eleven" Mike breathed out in shock, his eyes gleaming with joy and happiness that the girl he loved was finally stood in front of him- that she was alive

"Mike" Eleven whispered back not behind able to speak loud enough due to the overwhelming feeling that hit her from seeing Mike.
"Is that..." Max kept her voice low and in response a equally shocked Dustin and Lucas nodded
"I never gave up on you. I called you for-" Mike stared but got cut off by a keen Eleven
"353 days" she said whilst a tear rolled down her cheek.
"Why didn't you tell me you were there?" Mike asked confused
"Because I didn't let her" a third voice, which belonged to Jim Hopper, entered the conversation. "The hell is this" he pointed at her gothic/punk looking outfit. "Where have you been" he pressed even further like a concerned father would with his own child.
"Where have you been" El countered and without another word the two were in a tight embrace, one fitting of a father and daughter.
"You've been hiding her" Miles voice broke the sweet moment "you have been hiding her all this whole time" he shoved Hopper in a fit of anger
"Let's talk. Alone"

Whilst Mike and Hopper were talking Violet had already ran to the girl she thought was long gone.
"I missed you so much, it's not been the same without you" Violet told the girl
"I missed you too Vi" Eleven remembered Violet's nickname which she only lets her friends call her.
"I love your new style by the way it's...." Violet tried to find a word for the look.
"Bitchin" Eleven smiled and Violet laughed at the girl
"Yeah it's totally Bitchin"
Suddenly Lucas and Dustin had barged Violet out of the way to embrace the girl and as they pulled away Eleven noticed Dustin's new 'pearls' and lifted her hands towards his mouth
"Teeth" she bluntly said prodding them
"What?" Dustin asked confused
"You have teeth"
"Oh... you like these pearls" Dustin said and then quickly purred causing Violet to cringe
"What have I told you about that. Stop. Doing. It." Violet complained earning a eye roll from Dustin.
"Eleven?" Max said coming into the circle "Hey...um I'm Max" Max stuck her hand out in a polite, warm, welcoming way "I've heard a lot about you"
But for some reason Eleven shoved past Max, refusing the handshake and went to a sobbing Joyce Byers as the two embraced in a hug.
"Can I see him?" El asked and the two moved to Will Byers room to check up on the boy who now could not be trusted.

Max who looked upset by El's actions and Violet noticed her mood change.
"Hey don't take it to hard, she didn't really like me at first, she'll warm up to you eventually and the two of you will be best friends" Violet tried to lighten Max's mood.
"You think" she sighed
"I know" Max smiled at Violet and gave her a brief hug. Eventually everyone decided to join Joyce and El in Wills room and Violet hadn't caught their previous conversation but managed to hear the last of it and figured out what they were planning.
"Do you think if we got you back there you could close it?" Joyce asked and in return Eleven slowly nodded her head.

Violet knew that it was dangerous for her to go back, the place must be swarming in those blood thirsty things... it made her worry. They had just got El back, she didn't want her disappearing again.