The Snowball

.•.

In a month not much had changed other then the weather which had become more harsher and bitter

In a month not much had changed other then the weather which had become more harsher and bitter. The leaves had started fully rotting from autumn and the wicked winter winds had hit Hawkins frosting the small town. However despite the cold weather Violet was feeling warmer as she had the festive spirits in her heart and well life had been great recently. She was no longer on the outs with her friends and was actually closer then ever with them. She and Steve had become much closer due to his new friendship with her younger brother. And Finally and most importantly Will was on the road to recovery and Eleven was allowed to the snowball- but that was a secret.

"Son of a bitch, son of a bitch" Dustin yelled causing Violet to chuckle at her younger brother
"Where did you have it last?" Their mother asked from the living room, sat on her clutch with her new cat- called Mew, very similar to Mews but not quite the same as their mother told them.
"Right here! Where I put it!" He yelled back getting more and more frustrated as Violet laughed harder and harder. "You moved it didn't you you moved it-" Dustin accused his sister
"Dustin she hasn't touched it!" Their mother shouted back knowing the siblings where on the verge of an argument.
"What so important in it anyway?" Violet asked hopping down from the kitchen side
"It... nothing. Non of your business." Dustin snapped.
Out of the corner of Violets eye she saw a brown bag hidden under the tea towel and as quickly as possible she snatched it taking the contents out.
"Farrah Fawcett spray?" Violet laughed remembering what Steve had told them about the product whilst they tried to capture dart. She held the spray up high so he couldn't reach it which just made him even madder.
"Give it" Dustin hissed. Violet knew that in this moment she could continue to make fun of her brother for wanting hair like Steve Harrington but she decided against it and did the loving thing.
"Come on let me help you"

After what felt like hours of keeping Dustin still and moulding his hair to the way he wanted it the siblings were finally done.
"Do you like it?" Violet asked nervously
"I love it thanks V" Dustin hugged Violet.
"Dustin your rides here" their mothers voice pulled the siblings apart.
"Shit is it that time already. I said I'd take Max I'm going to be late." Violet complained rushing out of the room, Dustin following closely behind. Violet stopped at Steve's side of the car and clutched down and he rolled his window.
"Get him there in once piece will you?" Violet joked
"Sure thing" Steve winked
"Right have fun" she yelled at Dustin before rushing into her car and speeding down the road to pick Max up.

~§~

Nervous wasn't the right word as she knocked on the Hargrove/Mayfield residence. Her last encounter with Neil was not one to feel happy about and well it scared her. She hoped it would be Susan or even Billy that opened the door but low and behold it was Neil.
"Hello" he awkwardly said
" um hi I'm here for Max" Violet mumbled nervously
"Yeah come in her mothers just finishing with her hair. You can just go straight through. Second door to your left and Violet is it?" Neil asked and Violet nodded her head
"I'm sorry about our last encounter I was just worried about Max"
"It's no problem sir" Violet said before hurrying away and seeing Max squirm whilst her mother did her hair.
"You look beautiful" Violet said announcing her presence. Both heads snapped towards her offering a big smile
"Violet!" Max exclaimed managing to get out of Susan's grip and ran towards her engulfing her in a hug "thank god your here she won't let go of my hair" Violet laughed at Max's clear struggle.
"I can finish it if you want " she asked Susan who nodded her head giving her a relieved thank you before leaving.
"Are you excited" Violet asked pinning Max's ginger locks back.
"Um yeah sort of. A bit nervous actually." She mumbled the last part
"Is that perhaps because you might steal a dance with a certain Lucas Sinclair?" Violet smirked
"Maybe" Max mumbled and Violet laughed at their young love life.
"Oh to be young and in love"
And on that very note Billy strutted by the bedroom slightly peering in watching to two girls. Violet saw him in the mirror and by the looks of it so did Max. Violet hadn't spoken to Billy or even been in close contact with him since that night at the arcade. Sure they had stolen glances with each other in class, down the hallways and when cheer and basketball practice was on at the same time but other then that nothing. It gave Violet the space she needed and with the space came time to think about what she wanted to do and she knew that she needed to leave him alone. Not let him into her life but she also knew what she wanted... she was just too scared to say it.