The Pollywog Part 2

.•.

Biology really wasn't Violet's favourite subject so she couldn't help watching the clock tick by, but soon enough her attention was pulled back to Mr

Biology really wasn't Violet's favourite subject so she couldn't help watching the clock tick by, but soon enough her attention was pulled back to Mr.Miller when the whole entire class erupted into a chorus of groans.

"Right stop your moaning- it's just a project... so I would let you go with friends" Mr.Miller started and out of instinct at the mention of a partner Violet's head shot to Jane who nodded in confirmation. "But... last time that happened we got a total of 2 projects handed in. So this time I'm picking the partners" he finished and the class yet again moaned at his decision.

"Okay so Mr Fuller and Miss Waters."
Violet zoned out thinking about if that would be awkward for her two best friends knowing of their Halloween encounter with each others tongues.
"And finally that leaves Miss Henderson and... Mr Hargrove" the sound of her name pulled Violet out from her thoughts and back into reality where she has just been partnered up with Billy Hargrove. It's like fate was bringing them together and playing a cruel game with her emotions. Knowing he would be staring at her Violet didn't give him the satisfaction of turning around so just focused on what this project entitled.
"Okay so you'll need to go over Darwin's theory and look into natural selection..."

~§~

"Of course. Of fucking course I got put with him."Jane moaned whilst getting into her gym shorts. "I mean you should of been there this morning it was so awkward. He wouldn't even look me in the eye"
"Jane why don't you take him aside at lunch today and talk to him"
"I can't!"
"Why?"
"Because... I know exactly how it's going to go. He is going to want more from me and I don't want to give him anymore V. I don't want to ruin our friendship..." Jane explained to Violet but Violet was sick of hearing the excuse of 'I don't want to ruin of friendship'.
"Just talk to him Jane" Violet sighed as they entered the gym.

Violet always thought it was really pointless making the girls get changed when the coach wouldn't let them play in the game.
"Right ladies you sit down over there" the coach pointed at the nearest bleacher. "And boys huddle round me and well sort you into skins and shirts."
"Dear lord I hope Billy gets skins" Jane muttered as they sat down. Violet shot a look at her friend who only shrugged her shoulders
"What? Didn't you see him at cheer the other day and then at the party last night?" Jane asked with a smirk on her face
"Well yes but... I didn't- I wasn't that impressed" Violet lied.
"Righttttt. Because you prefer more lanky bodies like I don't know... Steve Harring-" Violet quickly slapped her hand over Janes mouth before she could go any further.
"Shut it." Violet whispered looking around to see if anyone heard.
"You really thought I wouldn't question you? V you do know it's public knowledge that you two went home together last night. Want to fill me in?" Jane raised a eyebrow mischievously at her best friend.
"Okay nothing happened. He was upset and I didn't want him to be alone so can we drop this?" Violet snapped not wanting to talk about it again.
"Fine Fine" she smirked causing Violet to let out a giggle
"You know my brother thought I slept with Steve as well. You should of seen his face this morning. He even threatened Steve" Violet laughed thinking about her brothers stupidity.
"Your brother is something else... but I see where he's coming from" Jane teased
"Jane please!"
"Okay I'm stopping now"