Chapter Four

When Gemma got up the next morning, Damon was staring over her;

"Jesus Christ, Damon." she said, caught completely off guard, she sat up and looked at Damon.

"What happened while you were with Tyler?" Gemma got out of her bed and walked into her closet and started getting ready for school.

"Well, Sarah attacked Tyler and he pushed her away and she tripped, fell, and hit her head." Gemma started to explain.

"Does Matt remember anything?"

"He probably thinks he blacked out, but I think they were both compelled by Katherine. I mean when Matt was acting like that, I knew something was up. Even when he drinks he is not like that." Gemma told Damon, "that's why I covered for Tyler and said it was an accident." Gemma said while sliding on a pair of black skinny jeans.

"Yeah, I don't understand that. The guy is a tool."

"Tyler getting blamed for Sarah's death just opens up questions that he can't answer and do you really think it's a good idea for him to tell his mom he's a werewolf?" Gemma asked Damon while walking over to her dresser

"Well, no." he admitted

"And that werewolf road leads straight to vampire boulevard! I thought I was doing the right thing, and trying to cover our trail!"

"Did you see Tyler's eyes turn yellow?" Damon asked

"Well they were more golden with some amber highlights." Damon just nodded and sat down on Gemma's bed, "can he turn into a wolf now?"

"Only on a full moon, but now he has increase strength and who knows what else. I wonder how much Mason told him. Does he know about us?" Gemma wasn't paying attention because she was trying to figure out what bra to wear, "hey! What did you tell him?"

"Nothing, really. I don't think he knows much of anything. He seemed really freaked out and honestly, I felt kind of bad for him actually." she finally chose a bra and put it onto her body and pulled her shirt on over her head. She ran her fingers through her curly hair and turned to Damon.

"He's got to know something." Damon said, Gemma grabbed her messenger bag and started walking down the stairs, she heard Damon following her.

"Alright, I'll ask him." Damon quickly grabs Gemma's shoulders and makes her face him.

"No, you won't Gemma! He cannot know about us. A bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire, so don't be his friend! Do you understand me?"

"I understand! I'm late for school." Gemma walked out of her house and got into her car and quickly drove to the high school. Once she got there and parked she saw Jeremy and Stefan and walked over to the two.

"Look, Elena's got to let me know if I'm supposed to cover for her. Jenna's cool with the two of you but you guys are pushing it!" Jeremy looked at Gemma and smiled at her.

"Oh cool, you two are back together." Gemma said happily to Stefan..

"What are you talking about?" Stefan questioned.

"You and Elena. Look, I'm glad you guys are back together but if she's gonna sleep over..." Jeremy started.

"Wait, wait...hold on a minute. We're not back together."

"She didn't stay at your place last night?" Jeremy asked

"No, I mean I saw her at the party but she didn't sleep over."

"Cause her bed hadn't been slept in and Mrs. Lockwood said that her car was in the driveway." Jeremy said quickly clearly worried about his sister.