Chapter Thirteen

When Gemma woke up the morning of the funeral, she got out of her bed and showered. She let her curls fall naturally down her back, she walked slowly into her closet and slipped on a black dress and then slipped on a pair of heels. She drove towards the cemetery in silence. When she got there she saw Stefan, Elena, Damon, Caroline, Alaric and Jeremy walking inside and towards Jenna's grave. Gemma joined them and Jeremy handed Gemma a rose. They walked over to Jenna's grave and one by one placed the roses, Elena was now openly crying and Gemma couldn't help but see Damon walking away. Elena stood up still crying, Alaric is next to place a rose on Jenna's grave, on the way back she sees that Alaric gives Jeremy a squeeze on the arm and rejoins the group. Gemma was the last one to place a rose on the grave, she bent down as she did.
"I hope you know how awesome I thought you were. I love you like a big sister and you are amazing. I will miss you." Gemma whispered to the headstone. She stood up and went to stand by herself, she kept glancing over to her family's plot a couple rows away and was about to break down and she just wanted to be alone. Jeremy walked over to her and they hugged each other tightly.
"Hey Jer."
"Hey Gem, want to come over? We are going to just sit around all day."
"I'm sorry, I can't, I think I need to be alone."
"I understand, we've all been through a lot recently." Gemma nodded to Jeremy, they hug again. Gemma walks over to her car and drives once again in silence back to her house.
When Gemma got home she went into her kitchen and grabbed a bottle of vodka from the freezer and went to her room. She took off her shoes and dress and sat on her bed. She turned on the television and switched it to Netflix, she chose a random horror movie to watch and started drinking.
She was well into her second bottle when she heard a noise from downstairs, she got out of bed to investigate and found someone standing in her doorway, she screamed.
"Gemma?" she heard Stefan's voice, she sighed and flipped on a light switch.
"Stefan! I thought you were some crazed killer!"
"We've been trying to call you all day. Damon got bit by Tyler last night and Klaus may know a way to save him. Will you go with me to find out?"
"Of course, let me get dressed."
"Yeah, go. How mnuch have you had to drink"
"I was on my second bottle." Gemma used her vamp speed and quickly put on a pair of jeans, a tank top and some converse. She met Stefan outside by his car and left to go to Alaric's apartment, "it should be a rule not to go to your teachers apartment."
"I think it is, but we don't follow many rules." Gemma laughed, when they got there Katherine was sitting on the bed in the small apartment.
"Hello, Katherine." Stefan said simply, she gets up.
"Two days, I've been waiting. I'm supposed to be free of Klaus' complusion by now. He's supposed to be dead." Gemma took a seat on the couch, "what the hell is she doing here?"
"We ran into complications..."
"Complications?"
"Doesn't really matter. I just need to find him. Do you have any ideas where he might be?" Katherine suddenly pushes Stefan against the wall and asks him to 'shut up'. Elijah and the man Gemma could only assume to be Klaus entered Alaric's apartment. They both see Gemma instantly.
"Klaus, you're back. Look who decided to come for a visit." Klaus looks at Stefan.
"You just keep popping up, don't you. And Gemma how lovely it is to see your beautiful face again."
"I need your help.. for my brother."
"Well, whatever it is, it's gonna have to wait a tick. You see, I have an obligation to my brother that requires my immediate attention." Elijah looks at Stefan
"You understand how important family is, or you wouldn't be here. My brother gave me his word that he would reunite me with my own."
"And so I shall." Klaus puts a dagger through Elijah's heart, killing him. He then pushes Stefan against a wall, "now what am I going to do with you?" he puts a stake through Stefan and Gemma quickly stands up, "do you feel that? It's scraping against your heart. The slightest little movement and you're dead."
"He's just trying to help his idiot brother." Gemma pleaded.
"The witches said you had a cure. Make me a deal. Just give me the cure, and I'll do whatever you want." Klaus takes the stake out. Stefan falls onto the floor. Klaus pours himself a glass of blood and for the first time in days Gemma realized how hungry she actually was, she felt her face change and her fangs come out.
"Trouble is I don't know if you'd be any good to me the way you are now. You're just shy of useless." Klaus looked over at Gemma, "awe sweetheart, are you thirsty." Gemma nodded to Klaus and he poured her a glass as well. She quickly downed the contents of the glass, "it's like you haven't fed all day."
"Five actually. When you poured your glass, it made me realize just how thirsty I was."
"Five days? A normal vampire would be going insane by now?" Gemma just shrugs at Klaus and takes a seat at the kitchen table, she looks over at Stefan who was still sitting on the ground, "I heard about this one vampire, crazy bloke, always on and off the wagon for decades. When he was off, he was magnificent. 1917, he went to Monterrey and wiped out an entire migrant village... a true ripper. Sound familiar."
"I haven't been that way in a very long time." Stefan told him.
"Well, that's the vampire I can make a deal with. That is the kind of talent that I can use when I leave this town." Stefan gets up, "Katerina, come here." Katherine moves close and Klaus grabs her arm, his face changes and his eyes turn yellow and he bites down.
"Ahh! Aah! No. No...no. No. No." Klaus bites his wrist and forces Katherine to drink his blood. Her wound heals instantly, Klaus looks at Stefan.
"You want your cure? There it is."
"Your blood is the cure."
"Gotta love mother nature." Klaus holds Stefan's shoulder, "now... let's talk, you and I." Klaus ends up putting his blood in a vial, "there it is. You want to save your brother? How 'bout a decade-long bender? And I have big plans for you when we leave this town."
"I'm not like that anymore."
"Well, that's too bad. You would have made one hell of a wingman." Klaus starts to pour some blood down the drain.
"What if I go with you?" Gemma asked, "I am fun to hang out with and I know how to party! Stefan is a bore these days."
"Gemma, don't. Damon is my brother."
"How noble of you Gemma, but Stefan is who I need." he begins pouring more out,
"Wait." Stefan said.
"Now that's more like it. I want you to join Gemma and I for a drink. Gemma dear, come closer." she slowly walked closer to Klaus, Gemma would've done anything to help Stefan and if this was the price having to share a drink with Stefan she would do it. Klaus throws a blood bag at Stefan and then hands one to Gemma, "Finish it. All of it. You do everything I say, and save your brother. That's the deal." Stefan drinks it all and Klaus throws him another blood bag, "again." Gemma sits back down and slowly drinks out of the blood bag, "now Gemma, I heard a secret about you today."
"Oh and what's that?"
"You and Elijah had sex."
"Well that is no secret."
"Well I must say, I am a little jealous that he had you and I haven't."
"That's a shame you're jealous. Cause it won't happen. Ever. I prefer non-psycho paths." she smiled to Klaus who just smiled back. She took another drink out of the blood bag.
"I was told you were a feisty one." Gemma winked at him. After a while there was a pile of blood bags surrounding Stefan, as he drank he stared at Klaus, "you're very cooperative. It's almost as if you're enjoying it." Klaus hands him another blood bag, Gemma was starting to get really worried.
"No more. Not until you give me the cure."
"Not until we make a deal. It's your choice, Stefan. You can either remain here living your life in Mystic Falls, or you can embrace what you truly are, leave town with me, and save your brother's life." Stefan takes the blood bag and drinks, "that's the spirit." he takes the vial with his blood and looks at Katherine, "sweetheart." he compels her, "take this over to Damon and come right back."
"You want me to leave?"
"No!" Stefan protested.
"Yes and if I were you..." she takes the vial and disappears, "I'd hurry." he sits down in a chair next to Gemma.
"She'll never take it to him. She'll never take it to him." Stefan said, Klaus just smiled at him and looked at Gemma.
"You aren't going to remember this night. You just think you stayed home drinking all night and eventually fell asleep. Now go home and go to bed. You'll wake up in the mid-afternoon and feel refreshed." Gemma nodded and used her vamp-speed to go home and got straight into bed.