Chapter Seven

The next morning Gemma got up and got ready for school, when she went outside Tyler was waiting for her by her car.
"Hey sorry I left, I got hungry." Gemma explained to him.
"What happened to my Uncle Mason?" he questioned harshly.
"How would I know?"
"He's dead, and I want you to tell me what happened."
"I don't..."
"Then let me tell you: Stefan and his brother Damon killed him, because Stefan and Damon are vampires, just like you."
"Who told you that?" Gemma questioned him tossing her backpack onto her driveway.
"Is it true?"
"Let me explain, please?"
"Did you know he was dead this whole time?"
"Please..."
"Did you know?!" Tyler asked angrily, Gemma felt herself start to cry but that caused Tyler to get angrier and he pushed Gemma hardly against her car.
"I'm sorry, Tyler, I'm so sorry."
"I trusted you Gemma!" he lets go of Gemma and leaves. Gemma drops to the ground and pulls out her cell phone and dials Stefan's number.
"Can you please come over!" was all she said before hanging up. She remained in the driveway with her knees up to her chest waiting for Stefan. It did not take Stefan long to get to her house and he stood above her.
"Let's go inside." he extended her hand and she took it, the two walked inside.
"So what's wrong?"
"Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word."
"It's the woman, Jules. She had a run in with Damon." Gemma nodded to Stefan.
"Tyler was so upset." she whispered, "the look on his face, Stefan. He was so betrayed."
"Wow, this is bad."
"You're not going to tell Damon, right?"
"No! He already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolfs should die, and he's not wrong to think that Gemma. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to, he could get himself killed." Stefan told Gemma honestly.
"Well, we're not gonna let that happen. We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid. You have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know?" Gemma tried to reason with him, "You have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know? You always know the right thing to say, okay? He and I... we were friends."
"I'll try, I promise I will. I've got to go. Will you be okay?" Gemma nods and Stefan leaves. Gemma decides that instead of staying home alone all day that she will go to the grill.

When she arrives at the grill, she sees Matt there.
"Hey Gemmy," Matt called to her.
"Hey Matty."
"How's it going?" he asked her.
"It's going." she smiled to him.
"Good, but I've got to get inside."
"Cool, I'll be in soon." he walked away and Gemma felt someone behind her, she turned around and Jules was there.
"Excuse me, Gemma right?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm looking for Tyler, you haven't seen him, have you?"
"No, not since earlier. Sorry."
"I know you're lying."
"Oh really? Is that one of your little wolf tricks?"
"Actually it is?"
"Well, I have a trick too.: Gemma vamps out but Jules quickly sprayed her with vervain, she screamed and felt herself begin to heal. Gemma ends up blacking out. When Gemma wakes up she finds herself in a cage in an RV. She feels her forehead and screamed as she dug out a bullet from her head. She then attempted to unlock the cage, but she sees the man who must have shot her.
"I see you got the bullet out. That was nasty. I got lots of wooden bullets, other toys. It's gonna be a long night, sweet pea." he then shoots her again and Gemma screamed out in pain. Jules came inside the RV and was on the phone.
"That depends. How badly do you want to keep her alive?" she said, Gemma tried to focus on the conversation, "ask your brother. Where's Tyler?" she paused, "you made a mistake, Stefan. I'm gonna give you a chance to fix it." she waited, "right here. Want proof." she looked at the man, "he needs proof." the man shot Gemma again which caused her to scream in pain, "I hurt her again, and she's dead. Bring Tyler to me, the clearing by Wickery Falls. You have twenty minutes until she dies." Gemma felt herself wanting to cry, but she refused to give Jules the satisfaction that she was going to beg for her life.
"So, how many vampires are there in this town anyways?" the man asked, Gemma refused to answer which caused him to shoot her with a squirt gun filled with vervain, which caused Gemma to scream in pain, "no?"
"Why are you doing this to me?! What the hell did I ever do to you?"
"You're a vampire. Why no?" he shot a wooden dart into her neck and she screamed again, "I'm sorry, what was that?"
"Let me out!" Gemma screamed, the man leaves the room and she hears Jules and the man talking. Gemma was certain she heard the mans footsteps walk away, meaning that Jules was alone.
"I know you're out there." Jules said.
"Where's Gemma?" Stefan's voice flooded Gemma's ears and she felt relieved.
"Locked up tight?"
"Let her go, and I'll release Tyler. It doesn't have to get any messier than it already has. I'm not your enemy, Jules."
"It's a little late to waving the white flag, don't you think?"
"You need to leave town. No one else has to get hurt."
"I'm not leaving without Tyler."
"Tyler is free to make his own decisions, as soon as you release Gemma."
"My brother, the peacemaker. Since Stefan got here before me I'm gonna let him try his way before I resort to my way, which is a little bloodier. So give us Gemma." Damon's voice rang through Gemma's ear which caused her to smile, she knew that she would be saved with both of the Salvatore here."
"Let go of Tyler."
"Give us Gemma. Without a full moon it's not an even fight and you know it. We will take you."
"I'm not so sure about that, tough guy." Gemma heard Jules whistle and she figured that was her calling the rest of her pack, "let's try this again. Give us Tyler."
"You heard her. Go. Get over there." Damon said.
"Which one of you killed Mason." Gemma heard the man's voice from before.
"Uh, that'd be me." Damon said.
"Boys make sure that one suffers."
"We can take them." Gemma heard Damon say.
"I'm not so sure." Stefan retorted. Gemma heard a noise coming from the top of the RV but was distracted when she saw Tyler walk into the RV, he looked over at Gemma.
"Tyler, there's a latch on the door and I can't get it." he just keeps staring at her, refusing to move, "Tyler?" he keeps looking at her, "Tyler, please! Tyler?" he seemed to snap out of it and opens the cage for her, she goes to run but Jules catchers her by her throat and pushes her against the RV and she feels a a gun placed on her heart, Gemma really started to freak out a bit and then Gemma dropped to the ground and saw that Jules was on the ground screaming in pain.
"What's happening?" Gemma asked looking around.
"What the hell is going on?" Tyler asked, suddenly a man appears in a clearing of the woods.
"Elijah made a promise to Elena. I'm here to see it's upheld. You need to go. Get out of here now." Gemma, Damon, and Stefan took off. Stefan took Gemma to her house they stopped at her front door.
"I can come in, if you want me to." Stefan said to Gemma.
"I'm fine, Stefan."
"You don't have to pretend with me. Anybody would be upset after what you went through tonight."
"I'm okay. I'm not the girl you first met. I can handle myself."
"Sure, you can."
"I really just want to shower and go to bed. Okay?"
"Good night." he said.
"Good night." Gemma went inside and closed the door. She goes to her room and strips out of her clothes and goes into her bathroom and turns on her shower, she doesn't bother to let the water heat up, she just got in and let the cold water that eventually turned hot run over her body. Once she felt clean she got out of the shower and put on an oversized t-shirt. She goes to get into bed, when she hears the doorbell ring. She goes downstairs and opens the door and sees Tyler standing there.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, come on in."
"I had no idea they would come for you."
"Do you have any idea what the hell they did to me?"
"I'm sorry, but it's crazy now, okay? I don't know who to trust. You lied to me."
"I lied to protect my friends. I lied to protect you. Don't you get that."
"Gemma."
"You just stood there when they were going to kill us. You didn't do a damn thing."
"I didn't know what to do!"
"You help you friend."
"I'm sorry."
"No, it's too late, because we're not friends anymore. And what happened to me tonight sure as hell won't happen again. So please get out of my house." Gemma opened the door and roughly pushed Tyler out and slammed the door in his face. Gemma went into her father's den and grabbed a bottle of scotch and quickly downed the contents. She heard the doorbell ring again, she walked towards it, opens and sees Stefan on the other side.
"What's up?"
"I was a bit worried about you, after everything you went through tonight."
"I'm fine."
"Good. But just in case, I brought some back up." Elena, Caroline and Bonnie suddenly appear behind him.
"We're going to slumber it!" Elena said happily, "we haven't done it in ages.!" Gemma feels herself start to cry and they all give her a group hug. Elena and Stefan say goodbye to each other and they all go upstairs into Gemma's room. They all dropped their bags and sat on Gemma's bed.
"It's been one hell of a week." Gemma said.
"So what was happening with Tyler?" Caroline asked Gemma.
"Nothing now, he just has been there for me and I him since he triggered the curse. But not anymore. Not after tonight." the girls kept talking late into the night until they all fell asleep.