Chapter Five

Gemma decided to change her clothes before going to the grill, she left her house and went through the woods behind her house, she used her speed to get to the grill quickly and she walked inside. She instantly saw Bonnie and Jeremy flirting and playing pool, she felt a switch in her brain and she felt herself smirking.

"Hey Gemma," Bonnie called her over.

"Hey Bonnie, Jeremy." Gemma said calmly to the pair.

"How are you doing? Elena told me about your parents."

"Oh you know, killin' and chillin'" Gemma joked with the two.

"Are you okay?" Bonnie asked her, clearly worried.

"Perfect, now I don't have to worry about my parents finding out about me and then you know, staking me." Bonnie touched Gemma's shoulder to try and comfort her, but Gemma roughly grabbed it and dropped it, "touch me again, I will break your neck." Gemma said harshly while glaring at Bonnie.

"What is your problem, Gemma?" Jeremy asked

"Oh now you care? Well fuck you Gilbert." she said walking out of the grill. She saw Caroline outside of the grill and Gemma felt herself switch back to normal and instant regret flooded onto her face. Caroline ran over to her.

"Whoa, Gemma are you okay?"

"I was just horrible to Bonnie and Jeremy."

"It's okay, they will forgive you. We all know you're going through a lot right now."

"My mind and emotions are going in a million different directions right now and I don't know how to control it."

"Take a deep breath." Caroline said, but before she could say anything else Gemma used her speed and ran off, she went to the Salvatore house and rang the doorbell. The person who answered surprised her because it wasn't one of the brothers, it was instead a woman.

"Uh, hi. I'm looking for Damon."

"He's not here, I'm sorry."

"Is Stefan?" Gemma pleaded.

"No, he's not." Gemma started freaking out, "are you okay?" the woman asked.

"I'm freaking out here. I am so thirsty, but my emotions, I could hurt someone." Gemma felt her face change.

"Sh, it's okay. Come on in, I know the boys have a blood bag stash around here somewhere." the woman opened the door more and Gemma walked inside, "I'm Rose."

"Gemma." they walked into the living room and Gemma took a seat, Rose came back and handed Gemma a glass filled to the top with a red liquid, Gemma quickly downed the liquid and instantly felt better. Gemma's face shifted back to normal. She heard her phone ring and saw Mrs. Lockwood's name on the screen.

"Hi, Mrs. Lockwood."

"Gemma, all the arrangements are made. Their bodies will be sent straight to the cemetery and it is going to be Thursday at ten."

"Thank you Mrs. Lockwood, very much."

"No problem. Do you possibly want to join Tyler and I for dinner."

"Sure, Mrs. Lockwood. What time?"

"It's at six, see you then." they said goodbye and hung up. She looks up at Rose.

"Are you feeling better?" Rose asked her, Gemma nodded and she heard the door open. They both see Elena walk inside the living room, Gemma gets up.

"I gotta go, dinner at the Lockwood's." Gemma said getting up.

"You okay Gemma?" Elena asked as she passed.