Chapter Ten

When Gemma woke up the next morning she realized she only had fifteen minutes until school started, but what shocked her more was that Stefan was sitting at the end of her bed staring at her.
"I thought I should tell you, Elena killed Elijah last night."
"Thanks for telling me." Gemma said getting out of bed and going into her closet.
"Damon told me you were his date to the dinner party last night."
"Did Damon also tell you he called me a slut in front of multiple people." Gemma said coming out from her closet in some skinny jeans and carrying two tops trying decided which one to wear.
"Sounds like Damon. Sorry about that." Gemma shrugged as she choose a shirt.
"I hit him and broke his hand, until he healed that is." Gemma saw Stefan looking at her uncomfortably and remembered she was standing in front of him in only her bra, and quickly pulled on her shirt, "sorry."
"No, no don't apologize, you're stunning it's just..."
"Awkward, and monogamy suits you Stefan." Stefan smiled and so did Gemma, "and neither of us would ever do anything to hurt Elena."
"I know that, you're extremely protective of your friends..."
"Even though I sleep with most of them?"
"You know that is not what I meant. When we first met what were you doing?"
"Drinking?"
"What else?"
"I was sitting on some guys lap at the bonfire, saw you and went to make my move but saw Elena longing after you like a love sick puppy."
"Exactly, you may be filled with lust, but you being loyal is all that matters to you once one of your friends are involved."
"You're right, I will always put my needs, no my desires on the back burner to help my friends." Gemma grabbed her school bag and smiled to Stefan, but she dropped her bag again, "I didn't do any homework, so I'm not going."
"Sounds good to me, I tried to convince Elena to stay home but she insisted on going, so I have to go.:
"She is trying to lead a normal life, I admire that. But I will probably spend most of my day at the grill." Stefan left Gemma's house and she decided to lay back down in bed, she heard her phone ding indicating that she had a new text.
Elena: Sleepover tonight, we are meeting after school
Gemma: I'll be there.
Gemma was extremely happy that she would be seeing her friends tonight. Gemma rolled out of her bed and decided to go hunting. Once she was finished feeding on some hunters she found, she went back home and went into her bathroom and saw blood surrounding her mouth and her hair was a mess. She admitted that this was her messiest feeding session since she was turned, but she also admitted to herself she deserves to be messy every once in awhile. She turned on her shower and let the water heat up. She washed herself and once she was finished she turned off the water and wrapped a towel around her body. She kept the towel tight around herself and flopped onto her bed and sighed.
"Gemma?" Gemma sat up quickly when she heard Stefan's voice at her door, "oh god, sorry." Gemma used her vamp speed and got into her closet, she put on some yoga pants and a tank top and returned to her bedroom, "I just wanted to check on you. I am sorry."
"You're fine. At least I had a towel on." Gemma smiled, Stefan sat down on her bed, "what is wrong?"
"Just worried about Elena and Klaus."
"Knowing Elena is in danger must be hard."
"She is willing to die for her friends."
"That sounds like Elena. You know I will help however I can."
"Will it start by you not sleeping with Klaus?"
"HAHA, so funny." Gemma said, "come on, I've got to get to Elena's."
"Oh yes, the sleepover." Gemma quickly packed an over night bag and grabbed Stefan's arm and they walked out of Gemma's house. They said goodbye and Gemma drove to Elena's house. When she got there and knocked on the door, Elena answered and smiled at her, the pair walked into the house and into the kitchen where Bonnie and Caroline were.
"Chinese food or pizza?" Caroline asked
"Like you have to ask." Elena said.
"I will get it." Caroline grabs her iPad and she sees a picture of her and Matt.
"I'll do it." Bonnie said taking the iPad from Caroline.
"Do you believe that Jonas is being sincere?"
"I don't know what to believe. I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust." Bonnie said.
"Join the club."
"Well, what are we going to do about this movie situation? What about The Notebook?" Caroline asked the group of girls.
"Good God woman how many times have you seen that movie?" Gemma asked
"That is so not the point."
"Well, yeah, I mean..." Jenna enters the room.
"Hey." Elena says to her.
"What's going on?" Jenna asked
"Girls' night." Elena replied.
"Oh."
"How are you doing?"
"You heard about my fight with Ric?"
"He feels terrible."
"Is this some kind of disguised attempt to cheer me up?" Elena looks at the girls.
"No. No, this is about us girls hanging out and you know, we'll be here if you happen to want to talk, or.."
"What's really getting at me is something I have to ask Gemma."
"Okay, go ahead."
"You and Elijah, really?" she asked, Gemma just shrugged, "how much older than you is he?"
"You know, I'm not sure, but he is one hell of a good time to hang out with. And not too bad in bed."
"You slept with him?" Jenna asked
"Once." Gemma replied with a quick shrug, the other girls looked at her.
"Well because I am such a winner when it comes to successful relationships." Caroline said
"You, too?" Jenna asked
"You have no idea."
"Ok, then." Jenna opens the fridge, "it's this whole Isobel thing. He's hiding something from me."
"To play devil's advocate, maybe there is a great reason why he's not telling you. Maybe he is just trying to protect you." Caroline suggested.
"Well, that's not his call to make. I mean, I deserve the truth. Everyone does."
"Sometimes it's harder than that."
"Not if it's someone you care about, it isn't." Jenna said.
"You know what we need? Dancing. There is a band at the grill." Caroline told the group.
"I'm in." Bonnie said happily.
"In." Jenna replied.
"In." Elena said, they all looked at Gemma.
"You all know I am in if dancing is involved." Gemma said excitedly. All five women got into Jenna's car and went inside the grill. When they got there they also see Alaric.
"I need a drink." she walks over to the bar and Matt is next to them.
"Hey, Matt." Caroline says, but he didn't answer, he just walked away.
"Things just got real awkward." Bonnie said as Gemma walked closer to where the band was. The other girls soon walk over and join her.
"He said the balls in your court."
"Yeah, but I can't do anything about it."
"Why not? All you do is talk about how much you care about him." Bonnie explained to Caroline.
"Yeah, but I am still keeping so many secrets."
"Alaric's in the same boat with Jenna and maybe that's our mistake. We're trying to protect the people that we love by keeping them out of it, but in the end, we're hurting them anyways." Elena said. Caroline took off her jacket and goes to the stage, "what are you doing? Where are you going?" she goes onto the stage and takes the microphone.
"Hey, everybody. Let's hear it for the band! Weren't they awesome? So there's this guy. And, uh, he told me to tell him how I feel about him. Like it's so easy. Um, you know, just 'cause I talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm actually talking about. Ah, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't really know how to express myself. I can sing. Yeah! Yeah. You know what, I'm going to sing." Jenna joins the group and they all looked up at the stage baffled.
"Sing?" Elena asked, the singer comes up to Caroline and Gemma sees Caroline starting to compel him and she starts to sing 'Eternal Flame'. Matt looks over at Elena and she smiles. Matt then joins Caroline on stage and kisses her. Gemma rolled her eyes as everyone screams and claps. They go off together and Gemma goes over to the bar and compels the bartender to give her a drink. She saw Bonnie and Elena hug and Bonnie walk away and went up to an older man.
In a matter of seconds all the bottles break and then there is a fire on the bar top. Gemma screamed and rushes over to Bonnie who is laying on the floor. Matt rushes over as well and helps her get up. Elena and Stefan stop and see the man.
"Dr. Martin! I'm so sorry about Luka. I never wanted that to happen, but... at least let us help you get your daughter back." Elena pleaded.
"Only Elijah can do that." Dr. Martin said.
"You don't need Elijah." he set another fire to the bar and turns to Stefan and Elena but Gemma jumps on him giving ELena and Stefan time to leave. Gemma tried to bite Dr. Martin but he provokes a headache and Gemma screams in pain.
"Gemma!" she hears Matt's voice as he rushes over and pushes him against the wall, "get away from my friend."
"Matt, no!:" Gemma yelled, but Dr. Martin breaks a bottle and pushes it into Matt's neck and leaves. Matt falls on the floor, "Caroline?!" Gemma yells and instantly Caroline was next to them.
"Matt! Matt! Oh! Oh, my god!" Caroline tries to calm herself, "just breathe Caroline... just breathe." Caroline's face changes and she bites into her wrist and puts it into Matt's mouth, "you have to drink. Please, please." Gemma stands up and touches Caroline's shoulder.
"Take him home." Gemma told Caroline, Caroline easily picked Matt up and carried him out of the grill. Gemma followed them out of the grill and ran home, she got into her room and fell into bed, she fell asleep rather quickly.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I KNOW THIS ISN'T VERY LONG. AT LEAST IT DOESN'T SEEM THAT LONG. SO I PLAN TO START ANOTHER CHAPTER NOW. WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE FINISHED TONIGHT. I HAVEN'T DECIDED. IT WAS A ROUGH DAY TODAY, BUT I WANT TO KEEP POSTING EVERYDAY LIKE I AM. I LOVE YOU ALL!!! XOXO ASHLEY M.