Chapter Twenty-seven

The next day Gemma got up and went over to Tyler's, when she got there she finds out that the Hunter had Jeremy as a hostage at the grill and that he plans to kill him by sundown.

"So, we take a different entrance; hit them at the same time." Damon tells them, Stefan walks into the room.

"Stefan!" Elena says happily.

"Where the hell have you been?" Damon asks him,

"Coming up with a plan."

"Yeah, we have a plan. The plan is I'm gonna rip Connor's heart out and I'm going to feed it to him."

"That's not a plan. We need to be careful Connor has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages."

"Hence, the open heart surgery."

"Damon's right. Connor's strong, but he's not going to be able to take all of us." Elena told Stefan.

"I called in the hybrids to help too." Caroline comes into the room.

"My mom put squad cars blocking the streets. They're saying it's a faulty gas main. We're good to go."

"Good, great. No cops, no witnesses, no reason to wait around."

"Alright, hold on, you're not all going." Stefan says looking at the three girls.

"He shot me like nine times. If we're killing him, I want in." Tyler told the group.

"He's got Jeremy. I'm going."

"Listen, nobody is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into."

"Until you figure it out? Is that where you've been all morning? Out buying bossy pants?"

"This guy is known for setting traps, right? We'd be pretty dumb to walk into one, especially if he has werewolf venom." Gemma told Elena and Damon, "we should wait it out and she what he is trying to get at."

"Does he?" Elena questioned her.

"He's had it before." Gemma retorted.

"Fine. Fine, if you want to take some time to do recon, you get one hour. But we're gonna need some extra help. So, where the hell is the Wicked Witch of the West?"

"She can't do magic." Caroline told them.

"Really? Well, call her, tell her Jeremy's life is in danger; maybe that will bring her out of retirement." Damon said before leaving the room.

"What a dick." Gemma commented.

After awhile the others left and the hybrids came.

"Look, man, this guy is dangerous. He's highly trained. He's armed." Tyler told one of them.

"I can handle myself. Because Klaus asked me personally."

"This is a bad idea." Tyler said, Gemma turns around and sees a girl standing there.

"Oh, who are you?" Gemma asked

"Who the hell are you?" she asked back harshly.

"Gemma?"

"Oh, you're Tyler's girl. He told me about you. I'm Hayley."

"Well, Hayley, that's pretty fucking crazy, because I haven't heard a damn thing about you."

"I've been staying her a few days."

"Oh really?"

"I needed a place to crash, Ty's a buddy, he was kind enough to offer." she taunted, Gemma walked closer to Hayley.