Chapter Sixteen

The following night was prank night, Tyler, Gemma, Caroline, Elena and Bonnie were in a classroom setting up a ton of mouse traps. They hear the door open and suddenly all the traps go off, the light flips on and Gemma sees Matt.
"Oh! Oh, come on! Seriously! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?" Caroline complained.
"Forgot about senior night, huh?" Tyler asked.
"Clearly." Matt said.
"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since freshman year." Caroline told Matt.
"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this." Elena told him.
"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this."
"Caroline is making us." Bonnie told him. Gemma moved next to Tyler and their fingers intertwined with each others.
"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."
"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Elena finished for Caroline, and Gemma found it difficult to hold in a laugh.
"Go ahead and make fun. I don't care."
"You're all lame. And Gemma and I've got ten more classrooms to prank." Tyler picked up his bag and both him and Gemma leave the classroom. Tyler is giving instructions to other students, "get the faculty toilet seats, and Dana needs bodies in the gym. Let's go." Gemma and Tyler start to put honey on the lockers, Tyler's grabs Gemma's wrist and brings his lips to hers. They kiss and then break apart.
"I want this school year to be great, you know? I just want everyone to be happy. Even with the occasional unhappy moments." Gemma tells Tyler.
"I'm happy."
"Me too." they kiss again.
"You two a truly adorable."
"Rebekah?" Gemma questioned.
"Gemma, good to see you again. This must make you Tyler. The werewolf."
"And who exactly are you?" Tyler asks.
"I'm the new girl." she vamps out and rushes over to Gemma.
"Gem!" Tyler yells, Gemma holds out a hand and pushes Rebekah back.
"What the hell Rebekah?"
"You pushed me." Rebekah said shocked.
"You charged me." Rebekah just stareed at Gemma, she grabbed her by the hair and Tyler by his shirt. She drags the two into the gym.
"Get off of us!" Tyler screamed.
"Hush now." Rebekah drags them into the gym
"I'd like you all to meet my sister, Rebekah. Word of warning... she can be quite mean."
"Don't be an ass." Rebekah says as she throws Tyler into Klaus' arm. Gemma lunged for him, but Rebekah tightened her grip on Gemma's hair.
"Leave him alone." Gemma warned Klaus
"Oh dearest Gemma. I'm going to make this very simple... every time I attempt to turn a werewolf into a vampire hybrid they die during the transition. It's quite horrible, actually." Klaus bites his wrist and forces Tyler to drink his blood, "I need you to find a way to save my hybrids, Bonnie. And for Tyler's sake... you better hurry." he snaps Tyler's neck, Gemma felt a shift and was able to use her strength to push Rebekah halfway across the room. She went to Tyler's side and held onto him.
"You killed him." Gemma whispered.
"He's not dead. Klaus' blood will turn him into a vampire." Elena told her.
"And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transformation. Go on, then. Go and fetch your grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold onto Elena and Gemma... for safe keeping." he grabs Elena's and Gemma's arms and the two girls looked at each other. Elena signs to Bonnie and she leaves with Matt. Rebekah looks at Elena.
"So this is the latest doppelganger. The original was much prettier." Rebekah taunted.
"Enough, Rebekah. Take the wolf boy elsewhere, would you?"
"Don't you dare touch him." Gemma warned, but Rebekah grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the gym. Klaus looks at Elena.
"Just ignore her, petty little thing." Klaus said, he then looked at Gemma, "sorry it had to be your wolf, but I needed to prove a point."
"Fuck off." Gemma said harshly, "all you care about is making your fucking hybrids."
Later Klaus finally let go of the two girls and Elena starts to comfort Dana, while Gemma sits alone. Stefan enters the gym.
"Stefan..." Elena said.
"Klaus."
"Come to save your damsel, mate?"
"I came to ask for your forgiveness. And pledge my loyalty." Stefan said.
"Well, you broke that pledge once already."
"Elena means nothing to me anymore. And whatever you ask of me... I will do it."
"Fair enough. Let's drink on it. Kill them." Klaus said, Elena got up and joined the two men.
"What are you waiting for? Kill them."
"No! Stefan, don't. He's not going to hurt me. He already said." Elena started to say, but Klaus hit her so hard she falls onto the floor. Gemma was by her side in a second. Stefan rushes over to Klaus, fangs out. Klaus easily grabs him by the throat."
"She means nothing to you? Your lies keep piling up."
"Let her go! I'll do whatever you want, you have my word." Stefan pleaded.
"Your word doesn't mean much. I live by your word all summer, during which time I never had to resort to this..." Klaus starts to compel Stefan, "stop fighting."
"Don't do this, don't do this."
"I don't want to. All I wanted was your allegiance. Now I'm going to have to take it."
"Don't... don't..." Stefan pleaded, but Klaus wasn't listening and he starts to compel him.
"You will do exactly as I say, when I say it. You will not run, you will not hide, you will simply obey."
"No. Stefan!" Elena yelled.
"Now kill them. Ripper." Stefan vamps out, rushes over to Dana and kills her instantly, and then he starts to feed from Chad.
"It's always nice to see a vampire in his true element. The species has become such a broody lot. How about you next Gemma, how about you take your first human life."
"No."
"I could compel you as well, if you life."
"Again. No."
"You did this to him." Elena said to Klaus.
"I invited him to the party, love. He's the one dancing on the table." Rebekah enters the gym and rushes towards Elena.
"Where is it? Where is my necklace?"
"What are you talking about?" Klaus questioned her.
"She has my necklace. Look." Rebekah gives him a phone.
"Well, well. More lies."
"Where... is it?"
"I don't have it anymore."
"You're lying." Rebekah vamps out and bites ELena, but Klaus stops her and pulls her off of Elena.
"Knock it off." Klaus warned.
"Make her tell me where it is, Nik." Rebekah whined, Klaus looked at the two girls, Gemma was next to Elena feeding her, her blood.
"Where is the necklace, sweetheart? Be honest."
"I'm telling you the truth. Katherine stole it."
"Katerina. Of course. Well, that's unfortunate. If we had the necklace it would make things a whole lot easier for you with, but since we're doing this the hard way. Let's put a clock on it, shall we?" he put the clock on for twenty minutes, "twenty minutes. If Bonnie hasn't found a solution by then, I want you to feed again. Only this time, I want you to feed on Elena. You know you want too." Klaus grabbed Gemma roughly by the arm making her stand up.
"No, Klaus! Don't do this to him!" Elena pleaded.
"No one leaves. If she tries to run, fracture her spine." Rebekah looks back at them and all three leave the gym.
"Why are you such a dick?" Gemma asked Klaus harshly.
"Because I can be." Klaus put Gemma in a classroom, Tyler's dead body was there, "Rebekah stay with them." they sit down and just wait for Tyler to wake up and he finally did.
"Where am I? What happened?" Tyler asked confused.
"Tyler." Gemma said.
"Don't be shy about it." Rebekah urged.
"What's going on?"
"Klaus is turning you into a vampire, a hybrid. You're in transition."
"Don't leave out the hard part, sweets. You'll only survive if your witch is successful. If not... you're pretty much dead." Rebekah told him, Gemma went by his side.
"You'll be okay, I'll make sure you live." Gemma promised.
"I wonder how she's doing." she looks at the clock on the phone she had, "tick tock goes the gym clock." Rebekah taunted the two.
Sometime later Klaus enters the classroom.
"Well, the verdicts in. The original witch say the doppelganger should be dead." Rebekah gets up, suddenly happy.
"Does that mean we can kill her?" Rebekah asked Klaus.
"No, I'm fairly certain it means the opposite."
"What?!"
"Call it a hunch." he shows a test tube containing blood to Tyler, Rebekah hold onto Gemma so she can't move, "Elena's blood. Drink it." Klaus told Tyler
"Tyler."
"If he doesn't feed, he'll die anyway love. Consider this an experiment." Tyler looks at Gemma, Gemma shakes her head 'yes' Tyler struggles to drink it, but he gets it down, "there we go. Good boy." Tyler is suddenly in pain, he starts to scream. He holds his head and scream. Gemma sees his face change. He eyes are still an amber color, but he has fangs and veins under his eyes, "well, that's a good sign."
Rebekah and Klaus leave the school after making sure Tyler was alright. Gemma and Tyler were in the hallway heading home.
"Are you sure you're okay?" Gemma asks
"It's great, Gemma. I mean, like, phenomenal. It's a rush. I wish I could explain it. Everything's just...better." he takes Gemma in his arms and spins her around. Gemma can't help but laugh. Tyler kisses her, "this is going to be an amazing year." Tyler wraps his arm tightly around Gemma, but Gemma still felt worried for him. They drove to Gemma's house and stared at each other in silence for a while, and then they kissed each other.
"See you tomorrow at school." Gemma told him, Tyler nodded to Gemma, they kissed again, Gemma got out of the car and went inside her house. She instantly went up to her room and go undressed and got into bed.