Chapter Fifteen

When Gemma wakes up the next day, she sees Tyler staring at her.
"That isn't creepy or anything." Gemma laughed and rolled onto her side and got out of bed. She walked into the bathroom and turned on the water, she got in as soon as it was hot. Not even a minute later Tyler was also in the shower and had his arm around her waist. Tyler picked up Gemma's body wash.
"No wonder you smell so good, your body wash is call Pure Seduction." he laughed as he squeezed some into his hand. He started to rub the soap all over Gemma's body causing Gemma to lean into him. Once he was finished Gemma rinsed herself off and washed her hair as Tyler washed his own body. Once they were both finished, Gemma turned off the water and got out of the shower, she wrapped herself in a towel and handed Tyler one, he wrapped it around his waist. The pair walked into Gemma's bedroom, Gemma went over to her dresser and pulled out a pair of panties and a bra. She went into her closet and grabbed a pair of jeans and tank top. When she got back into her room Tyler was dressed in his clothes from last night, Gemma dropped her towel and quickly got dressed.
"I'm gonna go. Full moon tonight."
"I get it, I need to feed soon." Tyler wraps his arms around Gemma and pulls her close and kisses her passionately. The two then walk to the front door, "call me tomorrow."
"I'll call you first thing, I promise." they kiss again and Tyler leaves. Once he is gone Gemma runs off to feed, she gets back to her house an hour later.
Gemma didn't do much the rest of the day except binge watch episodes of Dexter on Netflix. She didn't remember falling asleep, but she must've because she was woken up by her phone ringing.
"Hello?" Gemma asked sleepily.
"My mom, she knows you're a vampire and now knows I'm a werewolf." Tyler's voice rang through her ears and sat up in bed.
"How'd she find out?"
"I don't know how she found out about you, but I showed her me to protect you."
"Well, she probably hates me now."
"Doubtful. Sorry to wake you up, I know it is late. So goodnight."
"Night Ty, see you tomorrow?"
"Yes." they both hang up and Gemma falls back sleep.

Gemma once again is woken up by her phone ringing but she notices this time it is nearly ten.
"I swear if one more person wakes me up by phone, I'll rip their freaking head off."
"Now, Gemma."
"Stefan?"
"Yeah, it's me. Klaus wants to invite you for a day of shopping with us in Chicago."
"Are you his lap dog now?"
"No, but he said if you say no, he'll come back to Mystic Falls and start killing people."
"Fine, I'll be there as soon as I can." Gemma got out of bed and quickly got dressed. She brushed her teeth and let her curls do what they wanted to, she packed an oversized Michael Kors bag with stuff and called a taxi. Once it got to her house, she was on the way to the airport. She went inside the airport and bought herself a plane ticket for the next flight to Chicago.
When she landed she called Stefan.
"Tell Klaus, I'm here."
"He says he's on his way."  it didn't take long for Klaus to get there, a blonde girl was in the front seat with a smug expression on her face. Klaus got out of the SUV.
"Oh, hello there my beautiful Gemma."
"Hello, Klaus. Who is the blonde with the bitch face?"
"Oh that's my sister Rebekah. She is still a little sour that I put a dagger in her during the 1920s."
"Jesus, Klaus. I would be pissed too."
"Get in the car." he said taking Gemma's hand and opening the door. Gemma got into the car, they two females didn't say anything to one another as they waited for Klaus to get into the car, "Rebekah, Gemma, Gemma, Rebekah."
"Hello Gemma. I hear you're one of Stefan's friends."
"Yeah, we are."
"Good, then tell me what's up his arse?"
"Not sure what you mean."
"She hasn't seen ripper Stefan before, Rebekah."
"Oh, what a shame." they drove up to a hotel and Gemma saw Stefan standing outside. He got into the car and sat next to Gemma.
"Hey Gemmy."
"Hey Stefy?" he smiled to her and Gemma smiled back, "I missed you." she admitted to him.
"Isn't the reunion sweet, let's go shopping." Rebekah said. They pulled up in front of a store, Gemma reached into her bag and pulled out her wallet. The group went inside the store. The boys sat in two chairs and drank champagne as the girls walked around the store. Both girls stayed close to each other, Gemma was actually surprised at how much she liked Rebekah. Both girls had a ton of clothes in their dressing room when they decided to try them on. Gemma was in a black crop top and a high waisted skirt. She grabbed a pair of knee high socks and slipped them onto her legs. Rebekah finally comes out.
"There has to be more to this dress." Gemma looked at her.
"There's not." Klaus informed her. Rebekah was wearing a short black dress which honestly Gemma thought looked really good.
"So women in the twenty-first century dress like prostitutes then." Gemma shot Rebekah an offended look, "you know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."
"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing."
"I am offended here." Gemma said to the two siblings.
"Love, you look good in whatever you wear." Gemma glared at him.
"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident."
"It's dance music." Stefan informed her.
"People dance to this."
"Quite well." Gemma commented.
"Are you done yet?" Klaus asked suddenly grumpy.
"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah questioned him.
"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace and you lost it."
"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." she looked over at Stefan, "so what do you think?"she asked him.
"I like it." she gave him a look, "what? I said I like it."
"I can always tell when you're lying Stefan."
"Well I think you look hot. If I were a lesbian I would totally go for you." she smiled and both girls walked into their dressing rooms.
"Nice one, good work." Gemma heard Klaus say to Stefan.
"You're the one that pulled the dagger out of her."
"I heard that." Rebekah said causing Gemma to laugh.
"Alright. I'm going to get some fresh air." Gemma heard the door to the store open and she exited the dressing room in a white sun dress.
"God Gemma, just stunning love." Gemma smiled,she heard her phone right on the table next to Klaus, Gemma walked over to the table and made a grab for it but Klaus answered it before she could, "Gemma's phone." he looked at her, "some boy named Tyler is asking for you." he handed her, her phone.
"Hey, Ty."
"Who was that?"
"Klaus. He invited me to go shopping in Chicago."
"Chicago? That's why you weren't home."
"Yeah, he threatened me if I didn't come." Klaus was smirking at her.
"Do you need me to come get you?"
"No, it's not too horrible. I will be back in time tonight so we can.. um.. cuddle.. yeah cuddle."
"Call me when you're home."
"I will." Gemma hung up her phone and placed it back onto the table.
"I didn't know you had a boyfriend, love."
"Not really." Gemma went back into the dressing room and finished trying on her clothes. Gemma pays for the clothes she wants and waits for Rebekah to finish, "I will need to purchase a suitcase before I leave."
"I'm sure we can find one." they left the store and the three of them went to a bar called Gloria's. Stefan rejoined them soon after.
"You left us." Rebekah pouted.
"Yeah, sorry. Retail therapy was making my head explode."
"Tell me about it." Klaus said, Stefan looked over at Gloria.
"What's she doing?"
"She's failing." Klaus said irritated.
"It's hard to find something when you don't have anything to go on." Gloria said.
"So use me. I only wore it for a thousand years."
"See? Now this one offers a solution." Rebekah sits on the table, "alright, give me your hand sweetheart." Rebekah give her, her hand.
"She's, uh, she's looking for the necklace again?" Gemma sensed Stefan was nervous about something. After what seemed like hours Gloria finally said, "I can sense something."Gloria casts a spell and drops Rebekah's hand and looks at Klaus.
"I found it."
"So where is is?" Rebekah asked.
"It doesn't work like that, doll. I get images. There's a girl with friends."
"Yes, a dead girl, with dead friends. If I don't get my necklace back."
"Well, I'll have to dive back in to get the details."
"So dive." Klaus demanded.
"I need more time. And space. You're harshing my ju-ju."
"We can't wait." Klaus was starting to get more irritated.
"I'm sure you can. But that's not what I asked."
"Hey. Hey, you know, why don't we just come back later. I'm hungry, anyways. I'll let you pick who we eat." Stefan suggested. Gemma looked at him and nodded as if agreeing that it was a good idea to feed. The four of them all found four girls to eat from. They took them to a warehouse, Klaus and Stefan took their to a couch and started feeding. Gemma felt the heartbeat of her girl fading and stopped drinking. She licked her lips, and went to compel her.
"Have you ever killed your food."
"I've only ever killed a rogue werewolf who tried to kill my friends."
"Kill her."
"No." Gemma protested.
"My girl's dead, I'm bored." Rebekah said, Klaus looked over at Stefan.
"You weren't kidding about being hungry."
"Yeah, it's been a long day." Stefan told him.
"Try being related to her." Klaus laughs.
"You're being mean. And why are you being mean? You used to love me." Rebekah claimed.
"It's been 90 years, Rebekah. Give him a minute."
"Why are you taking his side?" Rebekah whined.
"Because, my dear sister, I feel pity for any man who doesn't give you what you want."
"Will you stop making me out to be a brat? I am not a brat!" Gemma rolled her eyes at Rebekah's dramatics.
"A thousand years of life experience says otherwise."
"Well, you're no picnic, either. I mean, I've only spent one summer with you and I feel like I was to blow my head off." Stefan said, Gemma and Rebekah can't help but laugh.
"Fantastic." Rebekah says, Stefan stands up.
"I need to go." he leaves.
"Where's he going?" Rebekah questions.
"To write a name on a wall. It's a long story." Gemma pulls out her phone and looks at the time.
"Can you please take me to the airport? I really do need to get back home."
"Of course, but maybe one day I can take you on a solo date." Klaus left Rebekah at the warehouse and drove Gemma to the airport.
"I'm sure I'll see you again."
"Who knows how long I can stay away, love." Gemma rolled her eyes and got out of the car. When she got inside the airport, she bought a small suitcase and put all her new clothes into it. As soon as she landed in Mystic Falls, she got a taxi and took it straight to Tyler's house. She knocked on the door and Mrs. Lockwood answered.
"Hello, Gemma dear. How are you?"
"I'm good, is it okay if I come in and wait for Tyler?"
"Of course." Gemma carried her suitcase inside, "did you travel somewhere."
"Random shopping spree in Chicago, very last minute."
"The best trips can be random ones."
"It was exciting." Gemma went upstairs to Tyler's room and waited for him. She soon heard the front door open and Tyler's footsteps coming up the stairs. He entered his bedroom.
"How was football practice?"
"What are you doing here?"
"Well, I got back from being with crazy and couldn't wait to see you."
"Are you okay? Do you want me to kick Klaus' ass?"
"Yes. No. He's an Original, he'd kill you." he touches her arm, "and I don't want you dead." he wraps his arm around her and runs his hand through her hair, "god you stink. So bad."
"What?"
"So bad."
"No, this? This is sexy."
"No! It's really bad." Tyler takes off his shirt and the two start to make out, but Gemma breaks it off, "lets go shower." Tyler nodded happily. The two got into Tyler's bathroom and her turns on the water. They undress quickly and start kissing again. They got into the water and kept making out, "clean yourself stinky boy." he smiled and started to get clean. The two finished showering and Gemma got out of the shower and ran to the suitcase and got out one of her new baby doll camisole and short sets and put it on.
"Are you tired?" Tyler asked.
"Very and I would love to just cuddle with you."
"Sounds good to me." the two got into bed and Gemma laid her head on Tyler's chest and found herself quickly falling asleep.