Chapter Twenty-eight

The next morning Gemma was woken up by a shifting body next to her. She looks over and sees Stefan laying next to her.

"When did you get in here?"

"Around five." 

"Okay." Gemma said getting out of bed and walking into her bathroom, "so I've decided that this situation isn't a disaster!"

"Look, we don't know anything for sure."

"Yes we do! Elena is sired to Damon! Which means her one singular burning desire is to make him happy, just like Klaus and his hybrids!"

"No it's not. A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million. Maybe it won't affect her the same way." Gemma walks back into her room.

"We already know it's affecting her. She's become Damon's lapdog." Stefan looks at her, "it's true! Everything he says, she agrees with. Everything he asks her to do... she does." Gemma tells him, "we need to do something." Gemma grabs her phone, ready to call Elena.

"Wait, no, hold on Gemma." he grabs Gemma's phone, "this isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know what's happening for sure."

"I need to talk to Tyler, okay? Maybe he'll know what to do."

"Alright talk to Tyler, but please don't tell anyone else. If this is true, then it maybe have influence on Elena'severy action and emotion since she became a vampire. But I'll meet you at school." Gemma nodded and went back into her bathroom and got ready for school. 

When Gemma gets to school, she sees Bonnie and goes over to her, they see Elena walking over to them.

"Elena, hey. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, Caroline told me you had to move out to stay away from Jeremy."

"Matt is at the house staying with him right now to make sure he keeps all of his hunter stuff in control. He's okay."

"But are you? I mean, clearly, they don't have a flat iron at hotel Salvatore." Gemma said causing Elena to laugh.

"Oh-I was in a rush. I mean-look, do you girls have plans? I'm in desperate need of some girl talk." she takes her hair out of the bun it was in.

"I'm in. Shane taught me some spells I've been wanting to try."

"Oh, creepy Professor guy is just Shane now?" Gemma asked Bonnie.

"He's not creepy."

"We're not judging."

"I am."

"Don't listen to her. So, girls' night? We can raid the Salvatore wine cellar."

"Um, are you sure that Stefan and Damon are cool with us crashing at their place?"

"I can't go home because my brother is trying to kill me. So their place is mine now, too. I'll see you in a bit." Elena walks away and goes over to Damon who is waiting for her, Gemma can't help but roll her eyes.

At lunch Gemma calls Tyler and they discuss the Elena situation, once off the phone with him, she called Stefan;

"I talked to Tyler."

"And?"

"The sire bond exists because the hybrids are grateful to Klaus for relieving them from the pain of having to wolf out every full moon, an that's why they have to turn until they're not ruled by pain anymore." Gemma leans against the wall.

"Right, but Elena's not a werewolf so what's the vampire equivalent?"

"Well, that's the problem? There isn't one.." Stefan remained quite and then hangs up the phone without saying goodbye.