Chapter Seventeen

When Gemma's alarm went off the next morning she rolled out of bed and went into her bathroom, she turned on the shower and waited for the water to get warm, once it was she got in. She quickly washed her hair and body, then got out and wrapped a towel around her body. She walked into her closet, she got out a high waisted black skirt and a floral crop top. She took her clothes and put them onto her bed, she got out a fresh pair of panties and a bra. She quickly got dressed and did her makeup and hair. She grabbed her messenger bag and went outside and got into her car and drove to the school. She sees Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie at the front of the school and Gemma joined them.
"Here we are. Senior year." Caroline said
"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie questioned
"Okay. So prank night was a busy. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." Caroline retorted.
"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience." Bonnie told the girls.
"Exactly! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." Gemma said.
"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."
"Yeah... you win." Gemma said.
"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asked Elena.
"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New Year. New life." Elena walks into the school and the three girls follow behind her. Gemma and Elena went to their lockers while Caroline begins putting up flyers for the bon fire tonight.
"Are you going tonight?" Gemma asked Elena.
"Yeah, I'll be there." they see Tyler come over and he kisses Gemma.
"Happy first day." Tyler told them both happily.
"Is that blood?" Elena questioned, Gemma looked at his shirt.
"Jesus, Tyler." Gemma grabs Tyler's shirt and drags him into the bathroom, Elena follows behind them.
"What's going on?"
"Vampire 101... don't wear your breakfast to school!" Elena starts checking the stalls.
"Chill out. It was just a blood bag."
"From where?"
"Rebekah hooked me up."
"Rebekah? And why are you even talking to that bitch."
"Klaus told her to keep a watch on me. Protect his new asset."
"His what? Why are you enjoying this?"
"I'm his first successful hybrid, Gemma. Don't you think that's the tiniest bit awesome?"
"I honestly think you're being fucking crazy." Gemma told him honestly.
"So, I'm going to go. Good luck." Elena said, Gemma rolled her eyes and left the bathroom. She went into Alaric's classroom and sits down. The bell rings and people started to enter the classroom, Elena comes in and sits down next to Gemma. Tyler comes in as well and sits on the other side of Gemma. Then as if out of know where Stefan enters the room and smiles to Gemma.
"You're in my seat." Stefan said to a guy, he got up and sat next to Elena.
"Welcome back, seniors. Let's turn our brains back on, starting with this countries original founders... the Native Americans." Gemma sees Rebekah enter the classroom.
"What about the Vikings?" she asked Alaric.
"There's no evidence that Viking explorers actually settled in the United States. Who are you?"
"My name's Rebekah. I'm new. And history's my favorite subject." Gemma rolls her eyes as Alaric keeps teaching.
After school Gemma was sitting on the grass reading observing the ongoing cheerleading and football practice.
"Has anybody seen Dana?" a random cheerleader questioned. Rebekah soon arrives causing Gemma stands and joins Caroline.
"Sounds like you have an opening on the squad."
"What are you doing?" Caroline asks, Rebekah starts to stretch.
"Hey now, you can't just come here and infiltrate our lives." Gemma warns her.
"I'm only interested in yours. Your fiesty personality, your popularity." she then looks over at Tyler, "maybe even your boyfriend."
"You touch him and I will find a way to kill you."
"Go ahead and try." she goes off and Gemma looks back over at Tyler who is compelling the football couch. Gemma runs over to him.
"Try to be a little more subtle, Tyler."
"Coming from the queen of subtle. Relax, I'm in total control."
"Then why are you acting like a dick?"
"Drop it, Gemma. I'm fine. I've never been better. Klaus has given me this... gift."
"Seriously? A gift?" Gemma hears some noises and they both turn to see Rebekah doing some gymnastic moves.
"God damnit."
"Damn, girls got moves."
"Fuck off." Gemma says harshly, she leaves Tyler's side and goes to grab her bag. Gemma goes to her car and drive home, she changes her clothes from school and started to get ready for the bonfire, she hears her phone ring and sees its Elena.
"Hey."
"Come to the school, we are meeting there."
"See you in five." Gemma hangs up her phone and uses her speed to get to school. She sees Alaric, Damon, Caroline and Elena in the hall, waiting for her, they enter Alaric's classrom.
"So I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then when he's distracted..."
"I'll shoot him."
"Can't Bonnie just ju-ju him or something."
"I'm trying to keep Bonnie out of this. I don't trust that Stefan won't hurt her. Caroline, are you covered?"
"Yes! I will make sure that old Forbes jail cell is prepped and ready."
"We're forgetting a key play here. Rebekah? Wherever Stefan goes, the blonde ponytail tends to follow."
"Which is why it's your job to keep her away." Elena told him.
"How?! She's an Original. Last time I checked, we're out of daggers."
"So preoccupy her with your charm." Gemma told him
"Might have better luck finding the dagger." Alaric said causing Gemma to laugh.
"Are you ever not going to be mad at me for a day?"
"Doubtful." Tyler arrives
"Sorry I'm late. What's going on?"
"We need you to raid your mom's vervain supply. Enough to keep Stefan down for a while." Elena told him.
"You can't do that to Stefan."
"Why the hell not?" Gemma questioned.
"Trust me, Tyler, it's in his best interest."
"Yeah, but it's not in Klaus'." Tyler told the group.
"But, Ty, Klaus is the bad guy. You know, why are you acting like some fucking hybrid slave."
"Uh-oh." Damon said.
"What?"
"Klaus made me who I am, Gemma. I owe him everything."
"Oh boy."
"Can you please stop with the commentary?"
"What's going on?" Damon takes a vervain dart.
"I'm going to go." Damon rushes him and puts the vervain dart into his neck,Tyler collapses.
"What the hell, Damon?" Gemma asked him.
"He's been sired."
"What?" Alaric asked confused.
"Sired. He feels loyal to Klaus because Klaus' blood created him."
"Loyal how?" Elena questioned Gemma.
"He'll seek acceptance from his master. It's really rare. But maybe not so much in hybrids."
"How do I fix him?" Gemma asked.
"Get a new boyfriend." Gemma leaves the room, not waiting for Tyler to wake up. Elena falls in step with Gemma.
"We'll fix him, I promise." Elena told Gemma, they go over to where the beer is at and see Rebekah and Stefan talking.
"Excuse us." Elena said, she pours beer into two cups, giving one to Gemma.
"Thank you, Elena."
"Elena, Gemma, hi. What are you doing?"
"We are having fun, Stefan. You have a problem with that?" Elena questioned him, the two girls chug their beers quickly."
"All right, take it easy. We both know you're a light weight Elena. Now Gemma here, she can drink."
"Uh-huh? Really? You think, I'm going to let a blood addict tell me how to drink?" Elena took Gemma's hand and the two walked away. Gemma and Elena separate. Gemma starts drinking more and more before deciding to take Tyler to his house, Gemma waits for Tyler to wake up, once he does.
"What the hell? How did I get home?" Tyler asked clearly confused.
"I brought you here. You were being a dick."
"What's your problem today?"
"My problem? Seriously? Well it maybe due to the fact you've been sired. Do you even know what that means? It means that you put Klaus' needs first. He is your master now."
"I'm not anyone's pet, Gemma. He doesn't control me."
"Well, somethings got to be controlling you. Because I don't know why else you'd be acting like the old you."
"The old me?"
"Yeah, the old you. The pre-werewolf you. You know, the obnoxious you, that I would've never considered as a boyfriend." Gemma goes to leave, but Tyler stops her.
"Whoa! Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. I'm sorry. I don't want to be that guy. I hated that guy."
"Ty, you're a vampire now. Everything about your personality is heightened. So you need to be careful."
"I will. I promise. Just... don't hate me. Everything I like about me is you." Tyler kisses Gemma and she kisses him back. Tyler picks Gemma up easily and Gemma wraps her legs around his waist, Tyler carries her up the stairs and into his bedroom. They both quickly get undressed and they start to have sex, forty-five minutes later they were both trying to catch their breaths. Gemma gets out of Tyler's bed and starts to get dressed. Tyler puts a sheet around his waist.
"you're always running out on me."
"You have to earn another sleepover."
"I consider that a challenge." Gemma laughs.
"Bye." Gemma leans down and kisses Tyler quickly and dashes off. When Gemma got home, she went straight to bed.