Chapter Eight

The next morning it was Elena's phone that woke the girls up, which caused Gemma to push Elena out of her bed.
"Go away!" Gemma said as Elena hit the floor.
"Unf.." Gemma peaked threw her half closed eyes and saw Elena crawl across the floor towards her phone.
"Hello?" all the girls threw an annoying look at Elena.
"Shh.." Bonnie said.
"ELENA!" Caroline complained. Elena ended up leaving the room to take the phone call and came back into the room.
"Gem?" Elena whispered when she saw Gemma was gone,
"In here." Gemma whispered back from the bathroom.
"What's wrong?"
"I feel like a shell of my former self. So many things are going through my head right now. I'm finding it hard to concentrate." Elena gave Gemma a concerned look, but quickly wrapped her arms around Gemma. They decided to stay in the bathroom for awhile and just talk about everything that was happening in their lives and how they hoped it would eventually start turning around and there would be no more pain in their lives. After awhile they noticed that Caroline and Bonnie were up and they all decided to get dressed, Elena and Caroline left, and Bonnie decided to stay behind.
"Want to go to the grill?" Bonnie asked Gemma,
"Sure, it will be fun." they left Gemma's room and went out to Bonnie's car. They drove towards the grill, when they got there they sat in a corner booth, "So I've heard a rumor that you have a big, witchy plan brewing."
"We still don't know the extent of what Elijah's up too."
"Who is this Elijah guy?"
"This big bad Original Vampire."
"Awesome, sounds like fun." Gemma said sarcastically.
"So, I decided to ask Luka to tell me what he knows."
"Now, who is Luka?"
"Him and his father just moved to town, they are both warlocks."
"I feel so out of the loop these days. But do you think he will tell you anything?"
"I didn't say he was going to have a choice." Bonnie said. The pair continued talking and eventually Bonnie left, but Gemma decided to stay.
"Gemma." Tyler's voice rang through her ears, causing her to shift uncomfortably. She got up from the booth and grabbed her bag.
"You need to stay away from me."
"It's important." Gemma and Tyler bump shoulders and it causes Gemma's bag to fall onto the floor making everything fall out, Gemma kneeled down and started to put the items back into her bag, Tyler started to help, "just stop it, Tyler, okay? This is hard enough." but he continued.
"Please, Gem. I'm sorry about what happened, OK, but there is so much to talk about." Gemma grabbed her bag and gets up from the floor.
"I said, leave me the hell alone!" Gemma screamed and walked out of the grill. Gemma used her speed and quickly got home, when she got into her house her phone was ringing.
"Hello?"
"Gemma?"
"Mrs. Lockwood?"
"Yeah dear, I wanted to remind you that the Historical Society's Tea Party was today, it started about an hour ago and I noticed you weren't here yet. Your parents were going to recognized today as being a main benefactor for the Historical Society."
"Uh, yeah. Let me change and I will on down."
"Okay! See you soon sweetheart." they hung up and Gemma went and quickly got dressed. Once she was finished she decided to just walk to the Lockwood's, when she got there the front door was already opened and she walked right in, she noticed that Mrs. Lockwood was talking to someone. She spotted Gemma and waved her over.
"Hello, Mrs. Lockwood. Thank you for inviting me and I'm sorry that I am late."
"No worries, you look beautiful. Gemma this is Elijah." Gemma turned slightly to face the man.
"Elijah, this is Gemma walk."
"It's nice to meet you Miss. Walker."
"Gemma, please it is nice to meet you as well." Elijah smiled to her, Gemma saw Damon walk in, but Jenna quickly intercepted him. But he quickly joined the trio.
"Damon."
"Carol." he looked down at Gemma, "Gemma. What a surprise."
"Yes wouldn't figure you for a tea party kind of guy." Gemma joked, she heard Elijah trying to hide a laugh.
"Haha." was all Damon said before exchanging kisses on the cheek with Mrs. Lockwood.
"Hi. Well Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of Mystic Falls' Founding Families as well as Gemma's here, she is the last remaining Walker alive from Mystic Falls."
"Mm-hm." Damon looks at Elijah, "such a pleasure to meet you."
"No, pleasures mine." the two men shook hands. The two men stood there just staring at each other. Carol rolled her eyes and walked away.
"It's like a pissing contest between you two." Gemma said, she went to go but Damon grabbed her arm.
"You're looking too beautiful to be walking around alone." they both walked away, "talk to Elijah, act all interested. Act like he has a chance to get you in bed."
"Who knows, maybe he does." Gemma whispered, winking at Damon. She joined Elijah again.
"Come have a drink with us, in the study." Gemma said to Elijah, he followed Gemma and Damon into the study and they closed the door.
"What can I do for you, Damon? Because though Gemma is charming, we all three know it was your idea to talk." Gemma sat down in a chair.
"I was hoping we could have a word." Damon said, "and you never know about Gemma, she sees something she likes and she goes after it."
"Where's Elena?"
"Safe with Stefan. THey're laying low, bit of a werewolf problem."
"Oh, yeah. I heard about that."
"I'm sure you did since it was your witch that saved the day."
"You're welcome." Damon sat down on the desk.
"I am extremely grateful for your witches intervention or I wouldn't be here." Gemma told Elijah
"Always happy to help."
"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're here." Damon told Elijah,
"Why don't you just stay focused on keeping Elena safe and leave the rest to me." Elijah goes to leave but Damon uses his speed and blocks the exit. Gemma was up in the next minute;
"Not good enough." Damon said, but Elijah grabs Damon by the throat and slams him into a wall. Damon tried to grab Elijah's throat but Elijah easily stopped it and pulled Damon's hand and crushes his hand. Damon groans a bit, Gemma was Damon's side and looked at Elijah, though she didn't blame Elijah, she would've done the same if Damon dared stepped her her that way.
"You young vampires, so arrogant." Elijah drops Damon's hand but continued to hold Damon against the wall by his throat, "how dare you come in here and challenge me?"
"You can't kill me, man. It's not part of the deal."
"Damon, for once please shut the hell up, you're making it worse." Gemma said harshly, Elijah grabs a pencil laying on the desk and stabs Damon in the neck causing him to yell in pain. Elijah finally lets go of Damon who falls against the desk and he removes the pencil. Damon put his hand on the bloody wound. Elijah whips out a handkerchief from his pocket and wipes the blood off his hand.
"I'm an Original. Show a little respect." Elijah dangles the handkerchief in front of Damon who grabs it and presses it to his wound.
"I need a fucking drink." Gemma said, looking at Elijah.
"The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead, so you should do what I say." Elijah told Damon before leaving the room. Gemma didn't say another word to Damon before leaving the room as well and going into the kitchen. She noticed a bottle of champagne on the counter and drank the contents of the bottle rather quickly, when she set the bottle down, she saw that Elijah was in front of her and had a smirk on his face.
"Hello again, Elijah."
"Before you arrived Mrs. Lockwood told me about your parents, must be hard being a baby and losing both of your parents."
"My emotions are all over the place lately. I go to being completely lustful to being full of rage in a matter of minutes. But Damon told me that is normal." Elijah stepped closer to Gemma.
"As long as you're in control of your emotions you will have control of your life." Elijah smiled which caused Gemma to smile back at him. They just stood there enjoying the silence and Gemma felt a quick tug at her heart.
"I've got to go." Gemma went out the back door of the Lockwood house before using her speed to take her in the direction of the pull, when the pulling stopped she found herself at Elena's family lake house. She heard a gun go off and then heard Stefan groan. She was behind Stefan a second later, but still remained out of sight, she sees Tyler walk in behind the man that was in the RV the night before.
"Keep him down. If he moves." he hands Tyler a gun and a stake, "kill him." the man left the garage. Stefan continued to groan, and Gemma used her speed to go over to him, which caused Tyler to point the gun at both of them.
"Don't move!"
"Tyler." Gemma whispered.
"Just let me get the bullet out. It punctured my heart. I need to get it out. I'm not gonna fight you." Tyler moves around Stefan and Gemma, keeping the gun pointed at them, "what are you doing her Gemma?" Stefan whispered just loud enough for Gemma to hear.
"I felt a tug on my heart and followed it until I got here." she whispered.
"Shut up!" Tyler yelled.
"Tyler, why are you doing this?" Gemma asked him,
"I can't let you break the curse."
"You know about the curse?" Stefan asked, but Gemma looked at the two guys confused.
"You're liars, all of you."
"No, I swear to you. We don't want to break the curse, Tyler. We don't want to do that."
"Oh yeah? But I do."
"What the hell are you guys talking about?"
"The sun and the moon curse." Stefan said. Tyler shoot Stefan in the leg and Gemma screamed a bit as Stefan yells in pain.
"I can't be like this forever." Tyler said.
"Tyler, I'm just trying to save Elena."
"Elena will be fine."
"They didn't tell you that part did they? Who are the liars now?"
"Tell me what?"
"In order to break the curse, Elena has to die." Tyler looks at him and starts to lower the gun, he let Gemma help Stefan up and he ran off towards the house, Gemma follows Stefan. Stefan runs straight to Elena leaving the man to Gemma. He quickly lunged for Gemma and Gemma felt her hand go into his chest. Elena and Stefan starred at Gemma as she ripped the mans heart out, she dropped it to the floor. Gemma heard herself scream before she dropped to the floor. Stefan kneeled next to her.
"Hey, it's okay."
"I...I killed someone."
"You defended yourself." they noticed footsteps and see Tyler standing there.
"Tyler?" Elena questioned. Gemma looked up at him in sorrow, he dropped down beside her and took her bloody hands in his. He looked up at Elena.
"I didn't know they were gonna do that to you." Tyler told Elena, "I didn't.. I just... I don't want to be like this anymore." Elena walked over to the ground and put her hand on Tyler's shoulder, "I'm sorry, Elena."
"It's okay." Stefan and Tyler both stand up and Stefan reaches for Gemma's and she takes it and stands up.
"I didn't mean to kill him." Tyler grabbed her by the shoulders so she was facing him.
"No one blames you. You did what you had to do to survive." Gemma fell into his chest and started to cry. Tyler wrapped his arms around Gemma.
"How did you even know we were here?" Elena asked.
"I felt a tug at my heart and when I got here, I saw Tyler pulling in with that man." Gemma said to them, "it's like I knew something was going to happen."
"I've never heard of that before." Stefan said to them all as they walked outside.
"I want to go home. I need to shower."
"I'll drive you." Tyler suggested.
"I need time alone. Just let me run home." he nodded. Gemma hugged Elena and Stefan goodbye and looked up at Tyler, "thank you."
"You were right, I need to be better to my friends." they hugged and Gemma kissed his cheek before she took off into the woods.